A Life in the Theater
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
A Life in the Theater Information
Show Quick Facts
- A Life in the Theater Broadway starred T.R. Knight and Patrick Stewart.
- A Life in the Theater was written by David Mamet.
- This production of A Life in the Theater NYC is now closed.
Oct. 12, 2010 - Nov. 28, 2010
Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre
236 West 45th Street
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
A Life in the Theater Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
A Life in the Theater
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Patrick Stewart and T.R. Knight in A Life in the Theater
Features: David Mamet's 1977 play A Life in the Theater examines the relationship between two actors, one old and one young, and the effect jealousy has on that relationship. This production of A Life in the Theater NYC, performed at the Gerald Schoenfeld Theatre, starred T.R. Knight and Patrick Stewart and ran from October 12 to November 28, 2010.
Why We Go: This production of A Life in the Theater NYC starred two talented actors: one, T.R. Knight, is a fixture on TV; the other, Patrick Stewart, is a respected film, television, and stage actor with a career spanning 50 years.
- Patrick Stewart: One of the world's most talented and recognizable stage performers, Patrick Stewart is a member of the Royal Shakespeare Company with over 60 productions to his credit. This production of A Life in the Theater NYC, which ran from October to late November 2010, showed him at his best.
- T.R. Knight: As half the cast of A Life in Theater NYC, T.R. Knight had his work cut out for him. Not surprisingly, this SAG Award-winning actor was up the challenge: in the show's 56 performances, Knight managed to hold his own with distinguished stage and screen actor Patrick Stewart.
- David Mamet: Pulitzer Prize-winner David Mamet wrote A Life in the Theater in 1977. In this play, one of his lesser known works, we see the respected playwright toying with the themes that would appear in his award-winning later works.
Inside Knowledge: Sir Patrick Stewart was appointed an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) in 2001.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Watch Grey's Anatomy: If you missed T.R. Knight in this production of A Life in the Theater NYC, don't despair: you can still catch the SAG Award-winning actor on TV, in reruns of the hit series Grey's Anatomy.
- Do Try Jersey Boys: Because this production of A Life in the Theater NYC is closed, we recommend attending the Broadway production of Jersey Boys, which explores similar themes.
- Don't Bring the Kids: A Life in the Theater NYC features strong language and adult situations and is best enjoyed by children over the age of 13.
- Don't Miss Patrick Stewart: While you can no longer see him in A Life in the Theater NYC, you can still catch Patrick Stewart in his numerous film and television productions, such as Star Trek: The Next Generation and X-Men: The Last Stand.