Afro Punk Festival NYC
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Afro Punk Festival NYC Summary
Event Overview: Afro Punk Festival NYC is not only one of the best free events in NYC for music and art-lovers, but this year's 8th annual event will include a wide variety of food trucks, Harley Davidson Bike exhibits and more! This Brooklyn music event has become one of the top free cultural events in New York City, and its focus is in support of the African-American music scene.
What to Expect: If a free concert in NYC isn't enough to grab your attention, the big name lineup, amazing eats, skating and BMX shows at the Afro Punk Festival in NYC may do the trick!
- The Lineup: The Afro Punk Festival in NYC 2012 lineup includes Erykah Badu, Gym Class Heroes, Janelle Monae, Das Racist, Skindred, and many many more bands. Check out the mix of hip-hop, indie, Raggae and live DJ's.
- Bites and Beats: One of the new additions to this year's Afro Punk Festival in NYC includes the Bites and Beats food truck festival which provides tastes from around the world and trucks from around the boroughs. Afro punk-goers can grab a bite and learn about some great local food.
- Custom Bike Show: Harley Davidson is pairing up with Denim and Chrome of the Brooklyn Black bike scene to present a custom bike show at the Afro Punk Festival NYC. Get an up-close look at some of the most impressive bikes and you'll even have a chance at being part of a 2013 calendar shoot for the event.
- Book Your Stay: The official hotel of the Afro Punk Festival in NYC event is NU Hotel Brooklyn, but may fill up quickly. Anyone seeking to stay close to the festivities can check out our list of Brooklyn hotels for great hotel options and rates.
- Check the Schedule: The Afro Punk free concert in NYC has two stages with simultaneous performers each day of the festival; the Noisy Stage and the Bitesbeats Stage. Be sure to pick up a stage schedule upon arrival and plan out the artists you want to see most to make your own personal concert schedule.
- Take the Subway: Driving to the Afro Punk free concert in NYC at Commodore Barry Park in Brooklyn will be hectic, so we encourage taking the subway via lines B, Q or R to Dekalb Avenue. Check out the NY Subway map to find the easiest route from where you are.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Afro Punk Festival NYC Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Afro Punk Festival NYC Photos
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Afro Punk Festival NYC
Commodore Barry Park
266 Nassau Street
New York, US
Aug 23,2014 - Aug 24,2014
Catch Music, Motorcycles, Food and Art at Afro Punk Festival in Brooklyn!
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- Afro Punk Festival is an annual free event in NYC!
- Afro Punk Festival NYC features a concert, food vendors, bike show and more.
- Afro Punk New York is fun for all ages.
Subway Lines B, Q and R