An Beal Bocht Cafe
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
An Beal Bocht Cafe Summary
An Beal Bocht Cafe Information
An Beal Bocht Cafe Info
445 West 238th Street
Bronx, NY 10463
Hours of Operation:
Daily - 10am- 4am
Live Music, Poetry, Comedy, Theater, Open Mic, Pub Quiz, Art
Authentic Irish Food, Drink & Entertainment
An Beal Bocht Cafe Quick Facts
- An Beal Bocht Cafe & Bar serves affordable traditional Irish cuisine for lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.
- Entertainment featured at Beal Bocht includes live music, poetry readings, comedy shows, open mic nights, pub quizzes, art exhibits, and live theater.
- Beal Bocht is located in the Riverdale neighborhood in the Bronx.
238th St (1)
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
An Beal Bocht Cafe Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the nightclub, but category representations. Visit the nightclub's web site for actual photos.
Find Nearby Hotels
An Beal Bocht Cafe
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Authentic Irish Food & Drink at An Beal Bocht Cafe in the Bronx
Cost of cover charge
$ - Inexpensive
$$ - Moderate
$$$ - Expensive
$$$$- Ultra High End
Features: Enjoy a pint of Guinness and a plate of Bangers and Mash at An Beal Bocht Cafe NYC. This popular Bronx bar is one of the most authentic Irish pubs in New York City and features nightly live entertainment and a full breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch menu with traditional Irish fare.
Why We Go: You won't find wide-screen TVs airing football games to tables of rowdy sports fans at An Beal Bocht Cafe NYC, nor will you find cosmopolitans or $12 trendy fruit-infused martinis on their cocktail menu. Patrons come to An Beal Bocht Bar in NYC to enjoy a laid-back, authentic Irish atmosphere, hearty food and drink, and classic nightly entertainment.
- Great Grub: Bring a healthy appetite to An Beal Bocht Cafe NY and enjoy a generous serving of tasty comfort food at cheap NYC restaurant prices. With dishes like beef stew, grilled mushroom and Swiss cheese burgers, and a traditional Irish breakfast featuring bacon, sausage, black and white pudding, beans, homefries, and eggs, Beal Bocht's delicious fare is sure to satisfy.
- Unique Entertainment: There's never a cover charge to enjoy the excellent live entertainment at An Beal Bocht Cafe in NYC. The Bronx pub features performances by traditional Irish folk musicians, open mic nights, poetry readings, comedy shows, art exhibits, pub quizzes, and An Beal Bocht even presents original short plays performed live on stage by the Poor Mouth Theatre Company.
- Warm Atmosphere: Gaze at the old newspaper clippings, photos, and other historical Irish mementos that adorn the walls of An Beal Bocht Cafe NY while you knock back a cheap pint of Yuengling draft. Patrons can take a seat at the bar, relax in a cozy booth, or soak up the sun and sights in Bronx's Riverdale neighborhood at a picnic table in front of An Beal Bocht Cafe NYC.
Inside Knowledge: An Beal Bocht Cafe NYC provides customers with free wireless internet access. This complimentary perk makes Beal Bocht a popular Bronx hangout for students at nearby Manhattan College, Lehman College, College of Mt St Vincent, and Fordham University.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Drink & Discuss: Fans of friendly political discourse will enjoy "Drinking Liberally" every other Friday evening at An Beal Bocht Bar. This progressive social group invites anyone with an opinion and a taste for drink to engage in one of their bi-monthly discussion sessions at Beal Bocht.
- Do Brunch: Fill up on the famous An Beal Bocht Irish Breakfast or enjoy a number of other hearty dishes Beal Bocht serves alongside a complimentary mimosa for weekend brunch, named one of the 10 best brunches in NYC by Newsday.
- Don't Miss a Pint of Ireland: Sure, you could order a cheap Pabst or bottle of Bud at An Beal Bocht Cafe NYC, but for an authentic Emerald Isle experience, enjoy a pint of Guinness, Smithwick's, Harp, or Bass served on tap at Beal Bocht.
- Don't Be Confused: An Beal Bocht Cafe takes its name from a famous Irish novel of the same name written in 1941 by Brian O'Nolan. "The Poor Mouth", as An Beal Bocht translates to in English, is regarded as one of the greatest Irish-language novels of the 20th century.
- Bar Food
- Easy Parking
- Facilities for the Disabled
- Full Bar
- Happy Hour
- Live Entertainment
- Near Public Transit
- Outdoor Seating
- Private Parties
- Private Room
- Small Atmosphere
- Specialty Beers on Tap
- Wheelchair Access