*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Anything Goes Information
Show Quick Facts
- Anything Goes Musical is performed at the Stephen Sondheim Theatre in New York.
- Anything Goes NYC is directed by Kathleen Marshall and stars Sutton Foster and Joel Grey.
- Anything Goes Broadway features music and lyrics by Cole Porter.
April 7, 2011 - Ongoing
Stephen Sondheim Theatre
124 West 43rd Street
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Anything Goes Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Do you agree? Write your own review!
See a Production by the Tony Awarded Cast & Crew of the Anything Goes Musical on Broadway!
Features: Anything Goes Musical relates the comical adventures of those aboard an ocean liner bound from New York to London. In the play, stowaway Billy Crocker (Colin Donnell) attempts to win the love of heiress Hope Harcourt (Laura Osnes), who is engaged to another man. Billy is aided in his quest by nightclub singer Reno Sweeney (Sutton Foster) and Public Enemy #13 Moonface Martin (Joel Grey).
Why We Go: Anything Goes Musical made its Broadway debut in 1934. This latest revival, directed and choreographed by Tony Award-winner Kathleen Marshall, features sets by Derek McLane, costumes by Martin Pakledinaz, and lights by Peter Kaczorowski. Tony Award-winner Sutton Foster stars as singer Reno Sweeney.
- Sutton Foster: Tony Award-winner Sutton Foster returns to Broadway as nightclub singer Reno Sweeney in the second Broadway revival of Anything Goes Musical. A talented actress and gifted teacher, Foster recently starred on Broadway as Princess Fiona in Shrek: The Musical, earning both Tony and Drama Desk nominations.
- Joel Grey: Joel Grey is one of the finest actors now working on Broadway. In his six-decade career, Grey has won a Tony, an Academy Award, and a Golden Globe. He is perhaps best known for his performance as the Master of Ceremonies in the Broadway musical Cabaret. Expect him to bring new depths to Moonface Martin in this production of Anything Goes Broadway.
- Kathleen Marshall: This production of Anything Goes Musical benefits from the talents of director and choreographer Kathleen Marshall. One of the most talked-about choreographers on Broadway, Kathleen Marshall has won two Tony Awards and two Drama Desk Awards for Best Choreography.
Inside Knowledge: Anything Goes Musical has been filmed twice, once in 1936 and again in 1956, and has been revived several times both in the United States and in Britain. This much-hyped Broadway production is the musical's second Broadway revival.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Watch the Movie: Anything Goes Broadway has been filmed two times, in 1936 and 1956. Both versions starred Bing Crosby and featured substantial modifications to the original plot.
- Do Buy the Cast Recording: We recommend picking up a copy of the 1987 Broadway cast recording of Anything Goes Musical. Here you'll find Broadway classics such as "Anything Goes," "It's De-Lovely," and "You're the Top."
- Don't Disclude the Kids: Anything Goes Broadway is a suitable for all ages, making it a great family friendly Broadway play, but do note that children under twelve may find the plot complexities difficult to follow.
- Don't Starve Mid-Show: Concessions for Anything Goes Musical are provided by Broadway's premier concessionaire, Sweet Concessions. Be sure to pick up a snack and a signature cocktail.