Artists for Africa
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near the Prince George Ballroom
Restaurants near the Price George Ballroom
Artists for Africa Summary
Event Overview: Artists for Africa is an annual charity event hosted by the African Rainforest Conservancy. By selling tickets and auctioning fine art, the ARC raises money to conserve and protect East African rainforests. The Artists for the African Rainforest Benefit in New York celebrated its 21st year in 2012.
What to Expect: Like most charity events in NYC, the Artists for Africa Benefit attracts many notable public figures. Actors, artists, scientists, and eco-activists will all be in attendance.
- Celebrities: The Artists for Africa Benefit has been known to attract notable celebrities and eco-activists. Harrison Ford, James Gandolfini, and Matt Dillon are among those who have pledged their support to conserving East Africa's rainforests (for their generous support, Ford and Gandolfini were honored with the ARC's New Species Award, which bestows upon a newly discovered species the name of an ARC honoree).
- Outstanding Art: To raise money for the conservation of Africa's rainforests, the New York Artists for Africa auctions off fine art that embodies the enduring beauty of Africa. The benefit will feature works by William Abranowicz, Nick Brandt, Lisa Candela, Chris Dei, Paige de Ponte, Dan Eldon, Huger Foote, Chris Jordan, and Cyril Christo and Marie Wilkinson, among others.
Inside Knowledge: The Artists for the African Rainforest Benefit was founded by the African Rainforest Conservancy in 1991. The African Rainforest Conservancy is a non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation and restoration of East Africa's rainforests. Carter Coleman acts as ARC president.
- Dress Appropriately: The Artists for Africa Benefit is a formal NYC event. We recommend wearing upscale downtown attire. A sport coat or cocktail dress would be appropriate.
- Place a Bid: Proceeds from the Artists for Africa silent auction will be used to help conserve and protect East Africa's rainforests. We encourage you to place a bid, if you can.
- Get the Full Package: While you can opt to purchase a ticket to the cocktail party and nothing more, we recommend going all out and purchasing the dinner package for the NY Artists for Africa Benefit. You'll get more out of the experience.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Artists for Africa Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Artists for Africa
The Prince George Ballroom
15 East 27th Street
New York, US
$125 - $1000
Eco-Activists and Celebrities at the Annual Artists for Africa Benefit
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- New York Artists for Africa is held in the Prince George Ballroom, in the Flatiron neighborhood of Manhattan.
- The Artists for the African Rainforest Benefit is hosted by the African Rainforest Conservancy, a non-profit organization.
- The Artists for the African Rainforest Benefit begins at 6pm on February 9.
28th St-Park Ave S (6); 28th St-Broadway (R, W); 23rd St-6th Ave (F, V)