Avenue Q Broadway
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Avenue Q Broadway Information
Show Quick Facts
- Avenue Q Broadway combines puppet and human characters all at once.
- Avenue Q NYC was the winner of the 2004 Tony Award for Best Musical and Best Original Score.
- Avenue Q was the first Broadway show ever to move Off-Broadway and remain open.
|NYC Shows (advertisements)|
Get Your Tickets Company
• Broadway Show Tickets
• New York Mets
• Phantom of the Opera
On Broadway July, 2003- Sept., 2009; Off Broadway Oct., 2009- ongoing
Mon. 8pm, Weds.- Fri. 8pm, Sat. 2:30pm & 8pm, Sun. 3pm & 7:30pm
2 Hours 15 Minutes (One Intermission)
New World Stages
340 W 50th St
New York, New York 10019
50th St-8th Ave (C, E), 50th St-Broadway (1)
Parental Guidance Strongly Suggested
Advanced Ticket Purchases Recommended
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 3 reviews
3.9 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Avenue Q Broadway Reviews
Avenue Q Broadway Photos
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Avenue Q Broadway
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Raunchy Puppets Take on the Challenges of Growing Up on Avenue Q Broadway
Cost of a low price ticket
$ - $25 and under
$$ - $25-50
$$$ - $50-100
$$$$- $100 and above
Features: Avenue Q Broadway is a hilarious social commentary on the struggle to find purpose in everyday life, and one of the most popular musicals in NYC. Best described as Sesame Street for adults, Avenue Q musical uses a cast of cute, hand-held puppets to sing and dance about the big question we all face once we grow up - "What exactly am I doing with my life?" However, when the talented cast and clever Avenue Q NYC puppets ask this question, the results are incredibly funny and highly entertaining.
Why We Go: Simply put, Broadway musicals don't get funnier than Avenue Q musical. With songs like "It Sucks To Be Me" and "Everyone's a Little Bit Racist," no social more goes unchallenged in this Tony Award-winning musical.
- You Will Laugh ... Hard: Avenue Q Broadway is packed with clever jokes and witty commentary on the everyday challenges of life on your own. Whether the puppets are dealing with one-night stands, how to use their B.A. in English, or struggling to admit that they are, in fact, a gay Republican, Avenue Q NYC treats each issue with honest - and vulgar - fun.
- Puppet/Human Interaction: Avenue Q Broadway uses hand-held puppets (again, think Sesame Street) that blend seamlessly with the actors holding them, as well as their human neighbors on Avenue Q. Trust us when we tell you that the puppets are not at all distracting, and actually add quite a bit of humor and fun to this popular NY musical.
- Gary Coleman: The late, great, Gary Coleman (played by a female actor) is the resident handyman/super/scene-stealer on Avenue Q New York? Whatcha' talkin 'bout, Willis?
Inside Knowledge: The winner of the 2004 Tony Award for Best Musical, Avenue Q musical now plays (slightly) off-Broadway at the New World Stages in NYC's Theater District, where it still remains a fan-favorite in Manhattan.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Get a Kick Out of the Puppets: With lovable characters on Avenue Q Broadway like Trekkie Monster, The Bad Idea Bears, and wide-eyed Princeton, you'll forget that the puppets aren't real 15 minutes into the first act.
- Do Be Prepared for Puppet Sex/Nudity: That's no typo. Watch - or cringe - as two characters on Avenue Q NYC take their relationship to a new level to the original tune, "You Can Be as Loud as the Hell You Want (When You're Makin' Love)."
- Don't Forget to Bring an Open Mind: Avenue Q Broadway pokes fun at several challenging subjects in society, including racism, homophobia, and schadenfreude. Our best advice when enjoying Avenue Q NYC? Just have fun with it.
- Don't Bring the Kids: Definitely leave the kids at home for this raunchy NY musical.