BAM Next Wave Festival
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near the Brooklyn Theather
Restaurants near the Brooklyn Theather
BAM Next Wave Festival Summary
Event Overview: A truly NYC event in Brooklyn, the BAM Next Wave Festival is a collection of avant-garde performances at the famous Brooklyn Academy of Music. The Bam Fest Brooklyn features progressive concerts, dance performances, commissioned theatrical performances and symphonies, and even NYC opera.
What to Expect: The BAM Next Wave Festival isn't your typical NYC music festival. Featuring a series of nearly 20 events spread over almost three months, the Bam Music Festival has commissioned some of the most interesting live performances in NYC avant-garde history.
- Unique Performances: Past performances at the BAM Next Wave Festival have included a symphony on the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway (The BQE) by the artist Sufjan Stevens, a tribute to Bayou music called "Red Hot + New Orleans," and a number of panel discussions from NYC area artists.
- Historic Theater: Perhaps the coolest part of attending the Bam Fest Brooklyn is getting a chance to experience the historic Brooklyn Academy of Music Theater. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, the BAM Theater was originally built in 1907 and still features amazing acoustics.
Inside Knowledge: If there isn't a particular performance at the BAM Next Wave Festival that strikes your fancy, we still recommend checking out the Brooklyn Academy of Music Theater in Fort Greene NYC. The BAM regularly features film screenings of some of the newest and most critically-acclaimed indie movies in NYC, and the unique theater atmosphere makes a screening at the BAM Next Wave Festival unlike any other movie experience you've ever had.
- Purchase Tickets in Advance: Tickets to the Bam Festival Brooklyn are some of the most exclusive in NYC, and are regularly snatched up well in advance. The lineup to the BAM Next Wave Festival is announced in late-May, and adavance tickets are available online or by phone.
- Try Something New: Explore your creative side at the Bam Festival Brooklyn. This NYC event attracts some of the most unique and creative artists in New York City and around the country - find out what the next wave of progressive art is at the BAM Festival Brooklyn.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
BAM Next Wave Festival Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
BAM Next Wave Festival
Brooklyn Academy of Music
30 Lafayette Ave
New York, US
May 19,2012 - May 27,2012
$35 - $150
BAM Next Wave Festival Features Unique and Talented Performing Artists
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- The BAM Next Wave Festival was founded in 1983.
- BAM Fest Brooklyn is one of NYC's most renowned performance arts festivals.
- The BAM Music Festival features concerts, dance performances, theater, opera, film screenings and more.
Fulton St (G); Lafayette Ave (C)