Explore the wonders of New York!
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Battery Park Information
Battery Park Info
When to Go:
Any day, weather permitting
Open all year
Battery Park Quick Facts
- Battery Park New York is located at the southern tip of Manhattan.
- Battery Park NYC is a historic NYC sight, over 200 years old!
- Battery Park New York City is free to the public.
State St & Battery Pl
New York, US
Free to attend.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
2.4 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Battery Park Reviews
Transportation Nearby Battery Park
Battery Park Hotel
Find Nearby Hotels
Trump New York SoHo offers guests of this luxurious NY hotel 5-star customer service, spacious and comfortable guest rooms, and great views of the the Hudson River and the Manhattan skyline.
Rates starting at$615* Details
Conrad New York
in Financial District
Make Conrad Hotel New York City your home away from home when you book a spacious suite that includes multiple rooms, separate living space, a full kitchen, work space and top-of-the-line electronics. Working guests will appreciate the WiFi, voice mail and meeting space, while leisurely guests can relax and watch ESPN, HBO or movies on the 42" TV.
Rates starting at$499* Details
Book a room at the Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel and get a great hotel for an even better price. At this Brooklyn hotel, you will be able to take advantage of all that New York has to offer because you'll be so close to public transportation. Additionally, you will get to sleep in a comfortable bed and be helped by very friendly staff.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
in Financial District
Guests at the Hilton Millenium New York are treated to both a sobering and inspiring view of the World Trade Center rebuilding process, located right next door. This four-star hotel also features recently-updated rooms and close access to the subway, making it easy visit just about anywhere in New York City.
Rates starting at$419* Details
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Take a stroll through the historic Battery Park NYC, Facing the New York Harbor and Statue of Liberty!
This tour is FREE!
Features: Battery Park New York is a 25-acre park in Manhattan's Financial District. Located alongside the New York Harbor, many NYC Tourists visit Battery Park before or after taking a ferry ride, as a two-in-one attraction. Battery Park was founded in 1855 and for over 200 years has been a popular water-side park at the southern tip of New York City.
Why We Go: As one of the most historic landmarks and parks in the Big Apple, Battery Park NYC attracts tourists of all ages.
- Culture & History: Throughout its existence, Battery Park New York has stood through a lot. Clinton Castle is located at the north end of the park, which was used as U.S. defense in the war of 1812, and the Hope Garden is also located inside Battery Park NYC, which is a memorial to AIDS victims. Learn about Manhattan history when you visit Battery Park NYC!
- Statue & Scenery: One of the perks of visiting Battery Park NYC is the surrounding area. Located right on the edge of the New York Harbor, you can walk along the water, see the ferry and tour boats sailing by, and even spot the Statue of Liberty!
- Free NYC Sight: Not only can you visit Battery Park any day of the year, but it's always free to the public. With all the expensive attractions NYC has to offer, it's always nice to find free things to do in New York!
Inside Knowledge: Underneath Battery Park New York is the Brooklyn-Battery tunnel, connecting Manhattan to Brooklyn.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Pick a Warm Day: Since Battery Park New York is right on the water, it can be extra breezy. We recommend visiting during the warmer months when the sun is out.
- Do Take a Boat Ride: The New York Harbor at Battery Park NYC is the boarding location for many NY boat tours, where you can get the best views of the City skyline, Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. You can visit those sights as well!
- Don't Forget Your Camera: It's likely you'll want to take photos at the historic Battery Park, as well as by the NY Harbor. The scenery here is perfect for a photo opp!
- Don't Overlook Its Pop Culture Fame: Battery Park New York is featured in several films, shows and even some song lyrics! Some you may remember are Men In Black 3 (movie), The Sorcerer's Apprentice (movie), Beastie Boys' Open Letter to NYC (song) and David Bowie's New Killer Star (song.)