*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Beacon Theatre Summary
Beacon Theatre Information
Beacon Theatre Info
Upper West Side
New York, NY 10023
Hours of Operation:
Young and Hip
Beacon Theatre Quick Facts
- The Beacon Theatre NYC seats 2,894 people.
- The most popular acts in music and comedy regularly perform at the Beacon Theatre.
- The Beacon Theatre NYC was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.
72nd St (1, 2, 3)
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Beacon Theatre Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Find Nearby Hotels
On The Ave
in Upper West Side
There's plenty to explore on the Upper West Side for guests of On The Ave NY Hotel. An environemntally-friendly Sunday Flea Market, the Museum of Natural History, and iconic Central Park are all just two blocks from this modern NY hotel.
Rates starting at$259* Details
in Midtown West
The Skyline Hotel is the perfect jumping off point to enjoy the NYC Theater District. Located just a few blocks from Broadway and Times Square, you can find affordable, spacious rooms at the Skyline Hotel and even enjoy a dip in the heated pool at the New York Skyline Hotel.
Rates starting at$309 you pay $263* Details
in Upper West Side
The Excelsior New York brings guests modern amenities in a hotel with decor that brings out the charm of old New York City.
Rates starting at$324 you pay $276* Details
Empire Hotel NY
in Theater District
The Empire Hotel New York is a trendy, upscale boutique hotel on Manhattan's Upper West Side. The Empire New York occupies one of New York City's prime pieces of real estate opposite the Lincoln Center and a block away from Central Park. The Hotel Empire NYC is famous for its amazing views of Central Park, the Hudson River and the Empire State building.
Rates starting at$329 you pay $280* Details
The Belnord New York is located in a quiet neighborhood in Manhattan's desirable Upper West Side. This NYC budget hotel has a great location near Central Park and many mueums in NYC.
Rates starting at$167 you pay $150* Details
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Outstanding Musical Performances at the Beacon Theatre
Upper West Side
Cost of cover charge
$ - Inexpensive
$$ - Moderate
$$$ - Expensive
$$$$- Ultra High End
Features: The Beacon Theatre is an historic, 2,894-seat, three-tiered theater widely regarded as one of the best entertainment venues in New York City. Originally built in 1929 as a movie palace, this small, highly popular theater now hosts performances by the hottest acts in comedy and music.
Why We Go: The Beacon Theatre NYC is a fixture in Manhattan's Upper West Side. A recent addition to the U.S. National Register of Historic Places, this famous NYC theater is bound to impress you with its regal charm and opulence.
- Legendary Performers: Among those who are expected to perform at the Beacon Theatre in the coming months are Gladys Knight, Paul Simon, Chelsea Handler, Elvis Costello, and Peter Frampton.
- Outstanding Acoustics: Undoubtedly the best thing about the Beacon Theatre NYC is the acoustics. No matter where you're sitting, you'll feel completely immersed in the music, as if you're discovering it for the first time. There's no other venue this size that can compare. Like the saying goes, they don't make 'em like they used to.
- Prestige: The Beacon Theatre is so renowned that it has been selected to host the 65th Tony Awards in 2011. This historic venue also hosted the 10th-anniversary special of Late Night with Conan O'Brien.
Inside Knowledge: Between 1989 and 2009, the Allman Brothers Band performed 190 shows at the Beacon Theatre NYC. Their sell-out concerts attracted fans from all over the country.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Stay at Hotel Beacon: If you want to make the most of your trip to Manhattan, book a room at the Hotel Beacon NYC. This moderately priced but high-class hotel is perfect for those travelers who want to stay in the heart of New York City without breaking their budget.
- Do Arrive Early: The Beacon Theatre was originally built for motion pictures and vaudeville, so all seating is fixed. We recommend arriving early so that you can find your seat easily, without disturbing other concertgoers.
- Don't Forget Binoculars: While the size of the Beacon Theatre is such that you really don't need binoculars, we recommend bringing a pair, especially if you're sitting on the balcony. You'll be glad you have them, just in case.
- Don't Bring the Kids: While children are welcome at the Beacon Theatre NYC, we would advise you against bringing them, as they might get restless seated for an hour or more.
- Coat Check
- Easy Parking
- Full Bar
- Live Entertainment
- Near Public Transit
- Premier Location
- Small Atmosphere
- Wheelchair Access