Big Apple Circus Dance On!
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Big Apple Circus Dance On! Information
Show Quick Facts
- Big Apple Circus Dance On! is performed at Lincoln Center Plaza in Manhattan's Upper West Side.
- All seats at this New York circus are less than 50 feet from the ring.
- Big Apple Circus Dance On! is perfect for kids of all ages.
Oct. 21, 2010 - Jan. 9, 2011
Lincoln Center Plaza
West 62 Street
New York, New York 10023
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Big Apple Circus Dance On! Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Big Apple Circus Dance On!
Do you agree? Write your own review!
World-Class Clowns, Acrobats, and Contortionists at Big Apple Circus Dance On!
Upper West Side
Features: The Big Apple Circus was founded in 1977 in New York City. Over the years, it has delighted, awed, and amused audiences of all ages with a talented team of performers hailing from, among other countries, America, Bulgaria, China, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mongolia, and Russia. Here you will find world-class acrobats, gifted contortionists, and friendly, tender-hearted clowns.
Why We Go: This season, the Big Apple Circus features a dancing theme, and the New York circus has never been so exciting. Kids and grown-ups alike will rediscover the joys of the NYC circus, from the popcorn and peanuts to the awe-inspiring acrobatics.
- The Kenyan Boys: The Kenyan Boys are a group of circus artists specializing in gymnastics, jumping, juggling, balancing, contortion, and human pyramid formation. Their unparalled synchronization has dazzled audiences in Walt Disney Parks and at half-time shows for the Houston Rockets, the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Portland Trailblazers, and the Philadelphia 76ers.
- The Hebei Wuqiao Acrobatics: The Hebei Wuqiao Acrobatics bring to New York the techniques of the Wuqiao acrobatics of ancient China. This talented team, which is proficient in diablo juggling, aerial voltage, hoop diving, pole climbing, and tumbling, was awarded the prestigious Golden Lion at the Eleventh China Wuqiao International Acrobatic Circus Festival in 2007.
- X Bud Roses Troupe: Debuting now at the Big Apple Circus Dance On!, the young ladies of the X Bud Roses Troupe are masters of Mongolian contortion. These talented girls will awe you with their grace, strength, and flexibility.
Inside Knowledge: The Big Apple Circus Dance On! has its roots in Kent, England, where American entertainers Paul Binder and Michael Christensen, the circus's founders, became juggling partners.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring the Kids: The enchanting Big Apple Circus Dance On! is suitable for people of all ages. Bathrooms are equipped with changing tables, and children under three do not require a ticket if they sit on the lap of a paid adult (one child per lap).
- Do Expect World-Class Entertainment: The Big Apple Circus promises to entertain with a world-class team of clowns, acrobats, and contortionists (performers hail from countries as diverse as America, Bulgaria, China, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mongolia, and Russia). As soon as the lights dim and the ringmaster welcomes you, you'll fall in love with the circus all over again.
- Don't Fear the Clowns: The clowns in Big Apple Circus do not wear frightening wigs or make-up and are not at all intimidating. In fact, the warm, friendly clowns are one of the best parts of the show (just wait till you meet "Grandma").
- Don't Forget Snacks: What circus experience would be complete without popcorn, peanuts, and cotton candy? Be sure to pick up a few tasty snacks before you enjoy the show.