Big Apple Convention
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near Penn Plaza
Restaurants near Penn Plaza
Big Apple Convention Summary
Event Overview: Big Apple Con is the oldest comic convention in NYC. It is a 2-day convention that celebrates comics, science fiction, horror, and pop culture. Big Apple Comic Con is currently managed by Wizard World, and is not affiliated with the people who run the New York Comic Con.
What to Expect: Big Apple Con is host to a large collection of artists that are more than happy to do commissions for a price if people are interested, as well as many other guests that are available to speak at panels and workshops.
- Artists Alley: The artists alley is one of the most popular spots at the Big Apple Comic Con. Not only do they display and offer their art for sale, but many of them are more than happy to take on commission work at the convention itself.
- Exhibit Space: Looking for some back issues or some rare finds in the comic world? Chance are you will find it in the Big Apple Con exhibit hall. This comic convention in NYC is host to many vendors that have a large stock of comics that are both new and in-demand as well as the old treasures.
- Special Guests: The guest lineup from Big Apple Con 2010 was already pretty extensive. From Mark Miller, writer of 'Kick Ass' and 'Wanted', to the original Brady bunch brothers, the guests at Big Apple Con cover a wide range of spectrums and tastes.
Inside Knowledge: The first Big Apple Con took place inside the basement of the Church of St. Paul the Apostle back in 1996. It has since evolved into a much larger convention that is now put on by Wizard World.
- Save Up: With hundreds of rare finds to be found in the exhibit hall, we recommend you start saving up months in advance. There are plenty of things offered at this convention that are just too cool not to buy.
- Get to the Artist Alley Early: The longer you wait to get to the artists alley, then the harder it is going to be for you to get commission work done by an artist. Make this your first priority when you head in.
- Get Your Tickets Early: As with all comic book conventions these days, we recommend you pre-register your badges early on. While this isn't anything close to Comic-Con in terms of how quickly it sells out, it is still a good idea to take care of ordering your badges as far in advance as you can.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Big Apple Convention Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Big Apple Convention
Penn Plaza Pavilion
401 7th Ave
New York, US
Jun 28,2013 - Jun 30,2013
Big Apple Convention is Manhattan's oldest comic book convention
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- Longest running comic book convention in Manhattan
- Managed by Wizard World since 2009
- Features a wide selection of artists and other guests from around the world
34th St-7th Ave (1, 2, 3); 33rd Street (PATH); 34th St-8th Ave (A, C, E)