Big East Tournament
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near Madison Square Garden
Restaurants near Madison Square Garden
Big East Tournament Summary
Event Overview: Sixteen teams from the country's most powerful basketball conference battle for one automatic-qualifying bid into the Big Dance at the Big East Tournament at Madison Square Garden. After five days, 15 games, and countless big moments, Big East basketball crowns its Champion in the most entertaining conference tournament of the year.
What to Expect: Tons of excitement. The Big East Tournament has played host to some of the best basketball moments of all-time, and fans from every school pack Madison Square Garden for some of the most competitive basketball you'll see all year.
- Drama: Though six or seven teams from the Big East Basketball Conference are usually safely into the NCAA Tournament when the Big East Tournament rolls around, the competition at this NYC basketball showcase is always at an all-time high.
- Loud Fans: One of the best things about college basketball are the fans, and the Big East Tournament showcases some of the most passionate fans in the country. Expect clever chants and plenty of face paint when you attend the Big East Tournament in NYC.
- An Unexpected Champ: With a conference as competitive as the Big East basketball conference, rarely does the No. 1 seed come away with the title. Expect an underdog to cut down the nets at Madison Square Garden.
Inside Knowledge: Tickets to the Big East Tournament at Madison Square Garden are sold in sessions, giving ticket-holders access to two different games. However, with nearby schools like St. John's, UConn, Providence and Syracuse, the Big East Tournament always sells out quickly. We recommend buying your tickets well advance if you want to enjoy NYC basketball at its best.
- Expect Overtime: The Big East Tournament is famous for playing host to the best NCAA basketball games of all-time, including the six overtime thriller between UConn and Syracuse in 2009.
- Never Leave Early: Big East basketball is as competitive and tough as it gets. Games at this NYC basketball tournament aren't over until the final whistle, and the tournament has seen its fair share of buzzer-beaters over the years.
- Wear Your School Colors: No matter what school you're supporting, you'll want to wear your team colors proudly when cheering with the hostile Big East Tournament crowds.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
Big East Tournament Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Big East Tournament
Madison Square Garden
7th Ave. between W. 31st St. and W. 33rd
New York, US
Mar 12,2013 - Mar 16,2013
$13 - $8000
NCAA Tournament Teaser Features Some of the Best College Teams in the Country at Madison Square Garden
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- Madison Square Garden has hosted the Big East Tournament since 1983.
- In 2009, Syracuse beat UConn 127-117 in six overtimes in the quarterfinals of the Big East Championship, making it the second-longest NCAA basketball game of all time.
- Tickets to the Big East Basketball Tournament are sold in sessions, giving ticket-holders access to two games per day.
- The Big East Men's Basketball Conference is regularly rated one of the top conferences in all of NCAA Men's Basketball.
34th St-7th Ave (1, 2, 3); 33rd Street (PATH)