Billy Elliot the Musical - Broadway
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Billy Elliot the Musical - Broadway Information
Show Quick Facts
- Billy Elliot NYC is set in County Durham, England during the 1984 - 1985 Coal Miner's Strike.
- The part of Billy is played by a rotating roster of three actors.
- Billy Elliot also has stage productions in London, Australia and Korea.
Oct. 2008 - Jan. 2012
249 W 45th Street
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 5 reviews
4.8 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Billy Elliot the Musical - Broadway Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Billy Elliot the Musical - Broadway
Do you agree? Write your own review!
The Billy Elliot Musical is an Endearing Underdog Story that Captures the Hearts of All Ages
Features: The Billy Elliot musical has electrified Broadway with the inspirational tale of a motherless boy who swaps his boxing gloves for a pair of ballet shoes - all while overcoming intense social and financial obstacles in mid-1980's Northern England. Billy Elliot NYC boasts a cast of Tony-Award winners, fantastic choreography and a fluid set design, which combined make Billy Elliot the Musical one of the most popular New York Broadway shows.
Why We Go: If the 2001 movie version of Billy Elliot made you dance in the aisles while screaming "Go Billy!" in a British accent, then your quest for the perfect NYC Broadway musical has come to an end. Billy Elliot the Musical has everything you loved about the film (the music, the dancing, the thick County Durham accents), with a toe-tapping original score from Sir Elton John and a Tony-winning crop of young Billys filling those famous ballet shoes.
- Accolades: The Billy Elliot musical received 15 Tony Award nominations in 2009, a feat that tied The Producers for the most nominations ever received by a single show. That night Billy Elliot NYC danced circles around the competition, winning 10 of the awards including Best Musical 2009.
- Creative Team: Many members of the creative team that brought the Billy Elliot movie to life are also involved in the Billy Elliot Broadway production, including director Stephen Daldry, screenwriter Lee Hall and choreographer Peter Darling.
- Elton John: The Rocket Man's brilliant musical interpretation earned the Billy Elliot musical a Tony Award for Best Original Score. If you're searching for the best NYC Broadway musical, Billy Elliot NYC is a fan favorite.
Inside Knowledge: In 2009, the Lead Actor Tony Award was shared by the three actors portraying Billy Elliot - David Alverez, Trent Kowalik and Kiril Kulish. This was the first time in Tony history that an award was shared between three actors.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring your Family: Billy Elliot the Musical is a family friendly NYC Broadway show that is safe for ages 8 and up. The Billy Elliot musical does include political themes and profanity, which may not be appropriate for younger audiences.
- Do See the Matinee: On Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday, bargain hunters should indulge in the 2pm matinee. A NYC Broadway matinee is a great way to experience an award-winning Broadway show for a fraction of the standard ticket price.
- Don't Forget the Tissues: Nobody is safe from the inspirational power of the Billy Elliot story...be prepared to shed a tear, or twenty, as Billy pirouettes into your heart.
- Don't Be Late: The performances start promptly on time, and it's up to the usher if they will allow late comers to their seats before intermission.