Blue Man Group
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Blue Man Group Information
Show Quick Facts
- The Blue Man Group NYC debuted in the Astor Place Theater in 1991, and it now owns this historic NY theater.
- The Blue Man Group has permanent performance groups in NYC, Boston, Las Vegas, Chicago, and Orlando, and also tours nationally and internationally.
- The Blue Man Show is a kid-friendly NY show.
1991 - Ongoing
Mon.- Fri. 8pm, Sat.- Sun. 2pm, 5pm & 8pm
1 Hour 45 Minutes (No Intermission)
Astor Place Theater
434 Lafayette St
New York, New York 10003
Astor Place (6); 8th St-Broadway (R, W;
Recommended for Children 8+
Advanced Ticket Purchases Recommended
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
3.5 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Blue Man Group Reviews
Blue Man Group Photos
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Blue Man Group
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Blue Man Group NYC Celebrates Two Decades at the Astor Place Theater
Cost of a low price ticket
$ - $25 and under
$$ - $25-50
$$$ - $50-100
$$$$- $100 and above
Features: A visually stunning and surprisingly funny avant-garde showcase in Manhattan, the Blue Man Group have been delighting audiences of all ages since 1987. The famous trio that make up the family-friendly Blue Man show mix upbeat musical performances with slapstick humor, and enjoy interacting with the crowd at the Astor Place Theater in New York.
Why We Go: One of NYC's most famous entertainment options, the Blue Man Group NYC combine their naive humor with impressive musical numbers you won't see or hear anywhere else. Using PVC instruments and several buckets of colorful paint, the Blue Man Group NYC will entertain the whole family.
- The Buzz: The Blue Man Group has been features on TV shows, commercials, and national tours since the early '90's. Find out what all the fuss is about at the Astor Place Theater in New York.
- Crowd Interaction: The Blue Man Group NYC often uses the crowd as inspiration for their humor, and actually takes one or two crowd volunteers "hostage" before the show, using them in skits throughout the Blue Man show.
Inside Knowledge: The Astor Place Theater in NoHo is where it all began for the Blue Man Group, which debuted at this historic NY theater in 1991 with a show they called "Tubes."
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Buy Cheap Tickets: There's really no such thing as a bad seat at the small Auster Place Theater, home of the Blue Man Group NYC. We recommend saving some cash and buying a seat anywhere in this NY theater.
- Do Be Prepared to Laugh: The Blue Man Group New York features clever humor the whole family will enjoy.
- Don't Wear Your Favorite Clothes: Especially if you're sitting in the first few rows, paint, food, and other objects have been known to fly off the Blue Man Group stage and cover the crowd. That's what the ponchos they hand out are for!
- Don't Expect to Sit the Whole Time: The Blue Man Group NYC performances feel more like a rock concert than a Broadway musical. You'll be standing and clapping throughout this popular NY show.