Book of Mormon Musical
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Book of Mormon Musical Information
Show Quick Facts
- The Book of Mormon Broadway was created by Matt Stone, Trey Parker, and Robert Lopez.
- The Book of Mormon Musical is currently showing at the Eugene O'Neill Theatre.
- The Book of Mormon Broadway is not suitable for young children.
May 2011 - Ongoing
Tues. 7pm, Weds. 2pm & 7pm, Thurs. 7pm, Fri. 8pm, Sat. 2pm & 8pm, Sun. 3pm
2 hours, 30 minutes
Eugene O'Neill Theatre
230 West 49th Street
New York, New York 10036
50th St-8th Ave (C, E) 50th St-Broadway (1) 49th St-7th Ave (N, R, W)
Ages 17 and up
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
5.0 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Book of Mormon Musical Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Book of Mormon Musical
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Big Laughs and Gentle Jabs at Organized Religion in The Book of Mormon Musical
Cost of a low price ticket
$ - $25 and under
$$ - $25-50
$$$ - $50-100
$$$$- $100 and above
Features: The Book of Mormon Musical is a hilarious and at times ribald Broadway musical from the creators of South Park and Avenue Q. This massively popular and critically acclaimed satire, currently showing at the legendary Eugene O'Neill Theatre in Midtown Manhattan, tells the story of two young Mormon men who travel to Africa to share the teachings of their faith and encounter problems that their religion does not adequately address.
Why We Go: The Book of Mormon Musical is a religious satire, but its jabs at religion are light-hearted and even-handed; no religion escapes unscathed. While there's no shortage of foul language and toilet humor, the musical has a lot of heart, and is sure to become a Broadway classic.
- Awards: The Book of Mormon Musical won an outrageous nine Tony Awards, including the award for Best Musical, and was nominated for six Outer Critics Circle Awards and 12 Drama Desk Awards. With all this buzz, tickets are going fast.
- Lots of Laughs: As you would expect, The Book of Mormon Broadway is every bit as funny as it is calculatedly offensive. Be sure to bring tissues: you'll be laughing so hard, you'll cry.
- Compelling Story: Perhaps one of the most overlooked elements of The Book of Mormon Musical is its story. Written by Matt Stone, Trey Parker, and Robert Lopez, this story of two young and naive Mormon men who grapple with their faith is, beneath all the crude jokes, actually quite insightful and endearing.
Inside Knowledge: South Park creators Matt Stone and Trey Parker first conceived of the Book of Mormon Musical when they were in college, but it wasn't until Avenue Q creator Robert Lopez, whom they'd met at a Broadway show, revealed his own interest in creating a religious satire that they began to put the project into development.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Keep an Open Mind: While The Book of Mormon Musical doesn't hold back from bashing organized religion, it is never mean-spirited. You'll enjoy this hit Broadway musical more if you watch it with an open mind and willingness to laugh at yourself.
- Do Catch Avenue Q: If you enjoy The Book of Mormon Musical, be sure to catch Avenue Q, the riotous musical by The Book of Mormon's Robert Lopez. Like the puppets, you'll be stitches.
- Don't Bring the Kids: It goes without saying that a religious satire written by the creators of South Park and Avenue Q contains language and situations not appropriate for young children. Best leave the little ones at home.
- Don't Wait to Buy Tickets: Because of the show's massive popularity, tickets to The Book of Mormon Broadway are extremely scarce. Snap them up while you can.