Explore the wonders of New York!
Brooklyn Botanic Garden
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden Information
Brooklyn Botanic Garden Info
Adults - $8, Seniors - $4, Students with I.D. - $4
Tues.-Fri. 8am-4:30pm, Sat.-Sun. 10am-4:30pm
When to Go:
Spring and summer
Botanic Garden (2, 3, 4, 5, S); Prospect Park (Q, B, S)
- Brooklyn Botanical Garden is closed Mondays
- Brooklyn Botanical Garden is free for children 12 and under
Brooklyn Botanic Garden Quick Facts
- Urban garden area that is over 100 years old
- Host to a few large outdoor events in Brooklyn such as the Cherry Blossom festival
- Free to enjoy on Tuesdays, and weekdays from early November to mid March
1000 Washington Ave
New York, US
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 2 reviews
3.4 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Brooklyn Botanic Garden Reviews
Transportation Nearby Brooklyn Botanic Garden
Brooklyn Botanic Garden Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attractions's web site for actual photos.
Find Nearby Hotels
Book a room at the Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel and get a great hotel for an even better price. At this Brooklyn hotel, you will be able to take advantage of all that New York has to offer because you'll be so close to public transportation. Additionally, you will get to sleep in a comfortable bed and be helped by very friendly staff.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
Brooklyn Botanic Garden
Do you agree? Write your own review!
the Brooklyn Botanic Garden is a century-old beauty in Brooklyn
Prices Starting at
$8.00 for adults
Features: Brooklyn Botanical Garden is located in Prospect Heights of Brooklyn New York. This beautiful NY Botanic Garden has a wide variety of flowers and plants. It is also host to a couple of fun outdoor events, and is the perfect place to visit if you need an escape from the concrete of the city.
Why We Go: Brooklyn Botanical Garden is a nice change from the busy lifestyle of the city, and is also a nice deviation from the tourist feeling of Central Park.
- Cheap: Visiting the Brooklyn Botanic Garden NYC is one of the cheaper activities that you can do in New York City. There are many free ways to get into the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, and even if you have to purchase admission, it's $8 at most.
- Beautiful: It should be no surprise that a walk in the Brooklyn Botanical Garden is going to leave you breathless. The different kinds of flora growing here makes this place a beautiful attraction to see.
- Massive: The NY Botanic Garden is massive. It has expanded quite a bit in the past century, and many parts of the garden - including the Japanese Hill-and-Pond Garden - has been renovated and expanded over the years.
Inside Knowledge: The Brooklyn Botanical Garden was first opened in 1910. Over the past 100 years, it has been expanded, renovated, and improved by city officials and others who have dedicated time and money into making sure the garden is a big part of the Brooklyn community.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Get an Art and Garden Ticket: If you're looking for a little art to go with your garden walk, then consider the art and garden ticket. Getting one of these grants you entrance into the Brooklyn Botanic Garden NYC as well as the neighboring Brooklyn Museum.
- Do Come on a Tuesday: If you can schedule to come to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden on a Tuesday, then do so. Everyone receives free admission to the garden on Tuesdays.
- Don't Come on a Monday: You will have to skip coming on a Monday. It's not that we don't recommend it - it's just that the garden is closed on all Mondays.
- Don't Miss the Cherry Blossom Festival: The NY Botanic Garden hosts an annual Cherry Blossom Festival in late April/early May. Considering how big the Japanese gardens are here, and how beautiful the cherry blossom trees are when they are in bloom, we recommend coming during this time so that you will get more out of your admission.