The Brooklyn Boy
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
The Brooklyn Boy Information
Show Quick Facts
- A play by Donald Marguiles
- A funny drama that was short lived on Broadway
- Loosely based on the life of Donald Marguiles about being Jewish in Brooklyn
Feb 3, 2005 - March 27, 2005
261 West 47th Street
New York, New York 10079
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
The Brooklyn Boy Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
The Brooklyn Boy
Do you agree? Write your own review!
The Brooklyn Boy is a semi-autobiographical play from American playwright Donald Miguiles
Features: Brooklyn Boy Broadway was the Broaday comedy-drama from American playwright Donald Miguiles. The play, loosely based on bits and pieces of the life of Miguiles, featured protagonist Eric Weiss, who found fame and success with a best-selling autobiography despite his other works being financially unsuccessful. When he hit the height of his fame, his personal life began to fall apart.
Why We Go: Brooklyn Boy Broadway dealt with tough issues of growing up and living in Brooklyn as a Jewish man, all while delivering lines that led to laughs from the audience.
- Amusing: Although the characters in Brooklyn Boy NYC confront some serious issues, the play is comedically written, keeping the audience rolling in laughter throughout. The cast of amusing characters add a playful element unique to this play.
- Great Writing: You can expect great writing when the original story was written by Donald Miguiles, a Pulitzer-Prize winner. His dramatic play, Dinner with Friends won him the award and his talent also shines in Boy from Brooklyn.
- Critically Acclaimed: While Brooklyn Boy NYC was only on Broadway for a short period of time, it was highly regarded by critics at the time, who praised the writing and direction of the characters.
Inside Knowledge: While playwright Donald Miguiles still works on play, he also teaches a class on playwrighting at Yale University.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Check Out Other Donald Miguiles Plays: While Brooklyn Boy Broadway is no longer running, there will likely be more works from the talented Donald Miguiles in the future. If you see anything with his name on it, then we recommend checking it out.
- Do Check This One Out: This Broadway play was critically acclaimed even if sales could not keep it running for long. Should it ever return to the theatres, then you won't want to miss it.
- Don't Miss Driving Miss Daisy: If you are looking for a dramatic comedy that has also won a Pulitzer Prize that is currently playing on Broadway, then check out Driving Miss Daisy. It won't be in theatres for long, but its incredible cast makes this already-strong story even better.
- Don't Hesitate if it's Playing Near You: Should be fortunate enough to find Brooklyn Boy Broadway playing in a theatre near you, then don't wait! You won't have many other opportunities to see it.