Bryant Park Summer Film Festival
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near Bryant Park
Restaurants near Bryant Park
Bryant Park Summer Film Festival Summary
Event Overview: Bryant Park Film Festival is a summer-long event that takes place every Monday. It is one of the Bryant Park events that are free for all to attend, where a movie is played on a big screen to an audience that takes their seat on the grass. It is an annual event that lasts for nearly three months.
What to Expect: Bryant Park Film Festival plays a wide variety of entertaining movies that all audiences can enjoy. The selection of films over the summer during Bryant Park Movies in Summer is a fairly long list.
- Selection: The selection of films is nothing if not wide at the Bryant Park Film Festival. In 2010, you could go to Bryant Park movies in order to see the classic James Bond flick Goldfinger, or you could settle down for some gut-busting British laughs with Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
- Relaxing: The atmosphere at these Bryant Park events is a nice and relaxed. It's a movie showing in the lawn area of Bryant Park with many people setting up picnics to enjoy the film, so it's a nice break from the formal atmosphere you typically find in Manhattan.
- Night-Long Fun: The lawn area is opened before sunset in order to allow people to set up picnics, while the film starts later. It's a fun night full of meeting new people and spending time with friends while you all enjoy a movie classic.
Inside Knowledge: The Bryant Park Film Festival has been running for 18 years after its showings in 2010. 2011 will mark its 19th year, and it is still one of New York's more popular film festivals due to its lack of admission and its relaxing atmosphere.
- Come Early: If you want a good spot to sit during the show, then we recommend you show up as early as possible. The lawn opens a few hours before sundown, and guests are allowed to set up picnic blankets at that time even though the movie does not start until around 8:30pm.
- Don't Bring Much: Anyone who brings a bag will have their stuff checked by security before they enter. Make sure you pack light, or don't bring anything at all. In fact, guests who don't bring anything that needs to be inspected will be able to get in via a separate entrance.
- Purchase a Picnic: Witchcraft, a cafe in Bryant Park, offers picnics and other goodies for guests of the Bryant Park Film Festival. We recommend just picking up food there rather than bringing anything that will be looked at by security.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 3 reviews
100.0% recommended it
Bryant Park Summer Film Festival Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Bryant Park Summer Film Festival
500 5th Ave
New York, US
Jun 17,2013 - Aug 19,2013
Free Movies All Summer Long at the Bryant Park Summer Film Festival
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- The Bryant Park Film Festival is a summer-long event with one film screened in Bryant Park every Monday.
- Bryant Park movies are played each week.
- The Bryant Park Summer Festival is a big outdoor gathering for guests to enjoy on the grass.
42nd St-5th Ave-6th Ave (7, B, D, F, V); Grand Central (4, 5, 6, 7, S); Times Square-42nd St (1, 2, 3, S, 7, N, Q, R, W, A, C, E)