*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Carnegie Deli Summary
Carnegie Deli Information
Restaurant Quick Facts
- Carnegie Deli New York is one of the most famous restaurants in NYC.
- The Carnegie Deli always has a line out the door, but returning patrons will agree it's worth the wait.
- New York Carnegie Deli offers dine-in, take-out, catering and delivery services.
Restaurant Website: http://www.carnegiedeli.com
7th Ave at 55th Street
854 Seventh Avenue
New York, NY 10019
57 St - 7 Av (N, Q, R); 7 Av (B, D, E); 57 St (F)
Hours of Operation:
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
0.0% recommended it
Carnegie Deli Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the restaurant, but category representations. Visit the restaurant's web site for actual photos.
Find Nearby Hotels
Hotel Wolcott NY
A convenient and affordable alternative to the pricey hotels of Midtown Manhattan, the Wolcott New York doesn't skimp on luxury while maintaining fair rates and great service. The Hotel Wolcott New York is perfect for anyone looking for that classic NY experience on a budget.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
Broadway Plaza Hotel
The Broadway Plaza Hotel is a boutique hotel in Flatiron, NYC offering 69 affordable, oversized rooms and suites. Centrally located, easy access to attractions and public transit. Specials & Seasonal Offers!
Rates starting at$279* Details
The Evelyn Hotel
in Gramercy Park
Discover The Evelyn Hotel in New York City, a Historic NYC Boutique NoMad Hotel near Grand Central Station in Manhattan.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
in Midtown West
A premier Boutique Hotel and Timeshare in Midtown Manhattan offering guests plenty of amenities in all of its luxurious suites including kitchenettes and additional sofa beds. Guests also enjoy spacious bathrooms and fitness center. Deals and Packages available.
Rates starting at$254* Details
Doubletree Suites Times Sq
in Times Square
As the only All-Suites hotel on Broadway in Times Square, the full service Doubletree Suites Times Square has been newly renovated with 460 two-room guest suites, brand new lobby and restaurant, Fitness Center and more. Walk to tours, NYC restaurants and shopping, or hop on the Subway for ...
Rates starting at$335* Details
Do you agree? Write your own review!
"Have A Delicious Deli Day" at Carnegie Deli New York
Cost of one meal
$ - $10 and under
$$ - $11-30
$$$ - $31-60
$$$$- $60 and above
Features: The Carnegie Deli New York is a famous deli and restaurant in NYC, notably for their enormous pastrami and roast beef sandwiches. The menu features an array of deli meat sandwiches from turkey to salami, ham and tuna. There are soups, ribs, sides, famous cheesecake and other desserts on the huge menu as well.
Why We Dine: New York Carnegie Deli has a strong following for it's simple and amazing food, and new visitors are consistently flowing in to see what the fuss is all about and learn the history behind this famous NYC restaurant.
- The Meat: The Carnegie Deli New York is truly a place for meat-lovers. Sandwiches generally consist of a pile of incredibly tasty grade A meat (of your choice) stacked 6+ inches high in between two slices of bread. There are a few vegetarian options, but people really come here to experience some of the best deli meats around.
- Culinary Landmark: Open since 1937, The Carnegie Deli New York started as a small 40-seat restaurant and has since grown into a wildly popular restaurant landmark and has tripled in size.
- Renowned Reputation: The Carnegie Deli's Pastrami Sandwich was named #1 pastrami in NY in a race between 23 total delis in 1979, by NY Times food critic, Mimi Sheraton. Since then, New York Carnegie Deli has continued its reputation by many publications, iconic figures, and many of its diners as making the best sandwiches in the world.
Inside Knowledge: The Carnegie Deli smokes, cures and pickles all of their own meats and products at their factory in Carlstadt, NJ.
- World Famous Cheesecake: The cheesecake served at Carnegie Deli is unlike any other and is baked right in the restaurant. Carnegie Deli cheesecake is served in the restaurant and is also available to be shipped all over the country.
- Sandwiches: There's really one reason to eat at Carnegie Deli, and it's to experience the outrageously large sandwiches. If you're a red meat eater - go for the pastrami, and if not, try the turkey or egg salad if you're vegetarian.
- Matzo Ball Soup - You won't regret it, though everything comes in very large portions, so we recommend sharing it unless you're ordering it as your own meal.