Explore the wonders of New York!
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Chelsea Piers Information
Chelsea Piers Info
When to Go:
Hours change by season
- To prevent underage drinking, no person under 21 years of age will be allowed to bowl at Chelsea Piers NY after 10pm unless he or she is accompanied by a parent.
Chelsea Piers Quick Facts
- NYC Chelsea Piers is located in Manhattan's vibrant Chelsea neighborhood, just north of Greenwich Village.
- NYC Chelsea Piers offers numerous recreational activities, including bowling, rock climbing, and golfing.
- Ice skating rinks are open year-round at NYC Chelsea Piers.
60 Chelsea Piers
New York, US
Phone Number: 212.336.6666
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Chelsea Piers Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Transportation Nearby Chelsea Piers
Chelsea Piers Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attractions's web site for actual photos.
Find Nearby Hotels
Hotel Wolcott NY
A convenient and affordable alternative to the pricey hotels of Midtown Manhattan, the Wolcott New York doesn't skimp on luxury while maintaining fair rates and great service. The Hotel Wolcott New York is perfect for anyone looking for that classic NY experience on a budget.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
Broadway Plaza Hotel
The Broadway Plaza Hotel is a boutique hotel in Flatiron, NYC offering 69 affordable, oversized rooms and suites. Centrally located, easy access to attractions and public transit. Specials & Seasonal Offers!
Rates starting at$279* Details
The Evelyn Hotel
in Gramercy Park
Discover The Evelyn Hotel in New York City, a Historic NYC Boutique NoMad Hotel near Grand Central Station in Manhattan.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
in Midtown West
A premier Boutique Hotel and Timeshare in Midtown Manhattan offering guests plenty of amenities in all of its luxurious suites including kitchenettes and additional sofa beds. Guests also enjoy spacious bathrooms and fitness center. Deals and Packages available.
Rates starting at$254* Details
Doubletree Suites Times Sq
in Times Square
As the only All-Suites hotel on Broadway in Times Square, the full service Doubletree Suites Times Square has been newly renovated with 460 two-room guest suites, brand new lobby and restaurant, Fitness Center and more. Walk to tours, NYC restaurants and shopping, or hop on the Subway for ...
Rates starting at$416* Details
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Bowling, Golfing, Kickboxing, and Year-Round Ice Skating at Chelsea Piers
This tour is FREE!
Features: Chelsea Piers is a massive sports and entertainment complex located on the West Side of Manhattan. Here you will find batting cages, basketball and volleyball courts, a golf driving range, a 10,000-square-foot rock climbing wall, two year-round ice skating rinks, and 40 state-of-the-art bowling lanes. Here you will also find Chelsea Piers Sports Center, the largest health club and gym in New York City.
Why We Go: Chelsea Piers is conveniently located in Manhattan's Chelsea neighborhood, just north of Greenwich Village. The recreational opportunities here are endless. You can practice your swing, shoot hoops, hire a personal trainer, or even go ice skating, and you can do all of these things year-round.
- Indoor Activities: Chelsea Piers is truly unsurpassed when it comes to entertainment. Here you will find New York City's sole indoor sand volleyball court and year-round ice skating rinks. Best of all, nearly all of the recreational activities at Chelsea Piers take place indoors, so you can enjoy playing and competing with friends even when it rains.
- Bowling: Families and friends alike will enjoy bowling at Chelsea Piers. Here you will find 40 state-of-the-art lanes (including eight private lanes in Club 300), casual dining and catering menus, lane-side food and drink service, and a modern video arcade and gaming room.
- Sports Center: Officially New York City's largest health club and gym, the Chelsea Piers Sports Center features an indoor pool, an indoor running track, a cycle studio, and 20,000 square feet of cardio and strength training equipment. Day passes and weekend memberships are available.
Inside Knowledge: From 1910 to 1940, Chelsea Piers was best known as the place where the luxury ocean liners would arrive on Manhattan's west side. Now the piers are known as the home of the Chelsea Piers Sports and Entertainment Complex, a 28-acre waterfront sports village.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Buy a Day Pass: We recommend buying a Day Pass to the Chelsea Piers Sports Center Health Club. With that pass, you'll have access to a six-lane, 25-yard indoor swimming pool, a 1/4-mile indoor running track, a cycle studio with over 30 bikes, a 10,000-square-foot indoor rock climbing wall, 20,000 square feet of cardio and strength training equipment, and three indoor basketball courts. It's worth the price, we assure you.
- Do Practice Your Swing: If you're an avid golfer, the Golf Club at Chelsea Piers can't be missed. In addition to a year-round outdoor golf driving range, the Club features a teaching academy, two full-swing simulators, and two private event rooms. The heated and weather-protected driving range has four tiers and utilizes an automated ball tee-up system, so practicing has never been easier.
- Don't Forget the Kids: If you decide to spend a day at Chelsea Piers, be sure to bring the kids. Under your supervision, they'll enjoy fun activities like bowling and lacrosse. Merry-go-rounds will entertain the little ones.
- Don't Go Just Once: A single day at Chelsea Piers isn't nearly enough. We recommend devoting at least one day to the Sports Center, making use of the fitness equipment, and another to the Golf Club and 300 Club, where you can golf and bowl.