Chicago The Musical
Chicago the Musical on Broadway - Standing Room Offer
Promo Code: BOOK ONLINE
Buy in Advance for Savings! If you're a fan of bob cuts, dance numbers, and catchy songs, you won't want to miss the Tony Award-winning musical Chicago. Tickets start at $117.
Chicago The Musical
- Fully Refundable
- Offer expires in 95 days
- Email to a friend
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Chicago The Musical Information
Show Quick Facts
- Show times are offered daily, excluding Wednesdays.
- Chicago Broadway opened at Ambassador Theatre in 1996.
- This musical production combines drama, comedy, and mature topics.
November 14th, 1996- Ongoing
Mon.-Tues. 8pm, Thurs. 3pm & 8pm, Fri. 8pm, Sat. 2:30pm & 8pm, Sun. 7pm
2 hours, 30 minutes. One intermission.
215 W 49th Street
New York, New York 10019
49th St-7th Ave (N, R, W); 50th St-Broadway (1); 50th St-8th Ave (C, E)
May be inappropriate for children under 12 years old. Children under 4 years old will not be permitted.
Advanced Purchase Recommended
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 3 reviews
3.9 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Chicago The Musical Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Chicago The Musical
Do you agree? Write your own review!
A Scandalous Kiss-and-Tell Story of Murder and Greed at Chicago Broadway
Cost of a low price ticket
$ - $25 and under
$$ - $25-50
$$$ - $50-100
$$$$- $100 and above
Features: Chicago the Musical is a satirical dramatic comedy that combines adultery, violence, and corruption with powerful song and dance performances and one-liners that will have the audience roaring with laughter. Roxie Hart kisses, murders, and rises to fame with help from a lawyer and jailbird she meets along the way. Murdering her lover may have been wrong, but she fights to the death to advance her career as a chorus girl in the Roaring '20s.
Why We Go: Not only do the characters and storyline grab audience members' attention from the start, but the music is another start of the Chicago Broadway Musical.
- Tony Award Recognition: Chicago Broadway has received renowned recognition for the amazing performances, technical talent and excellence in entertainment. The musical Chicago has received six Tony Awards, including categories such as Best Revival of a Musical, Best Choreography, Best Direction of a Musical and more.
- Talented Team: Chicago the Musical has inspired a hit movie and various performances throughout the world. With music by John Kander, lyrics by Fred Ebb, and book by Fred Ebb and Bob Fosse, this dream team has created a visionary monster of a musical.
- Jazz Music: The Roaring '20s were known for upbeat jazz music and bold fashions. The Chicago Broadway musical expresses all that was great about the 1920s through amazing costumes and incredibly catchy, jazz-themed songs.
Inside Knowledge: The Ambassador Theatre has been declared an NYC landmark theater. As it first opened in 1921, it is an appropriate location for Chicago the Musical to be playing.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do See the Matinee: Chicago Broadway offers 2:30pm matinee performances on Saturdays and Sundays, which give guests a great Broadway experience with cheaper ticket prices than the night shows.
- Do Check the Current Cast: Many famous stars have come and gone through the cast of Chicago Broadway, such as Melanie Griffith as Roxie Hart and Usher as Billy Flynn, her sharp lawyer. Though the Chicago Broadway musical is a show-stopper regardless, you may get to catch one of your favorite stars on the big stage.
- Don't Bring Small Children: Although entertaining for any audience, some of the themes throughout the musical Chicago include adultery, murder, and violence, which may not suit the interests of young kids.
- Don't Arrive Late: Late entry is at the discretion of ushers at the Ambassador Theater, so make sure you're early or on-time to ensure you get in to see Chicago the Musical.