Explore the wonders of New York!
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Clinton Castle Information
Clinton Castle Info
When to Go:
Any day, weather permitting
Open all year
Clinton Castle Quick Facts
- Clinton Castle New York is located in Battery Park, near the ferry boarding.
- Clinton Castle NYC has been standing for over 200 years!
- Clinton Castle has served as an entertainment complex. immigrant station, and is now a national monument.
New York, US
Phone Number: 212
No tickets required.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
2.7 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Clinton Castle Reviews
Transportation Nearby Clinton Castle
Clinton Castle Hotel
Find Nearby Hotels
Trump New York SoHo offers guests of this luxurious NY hotel 5-star customer service, spacious and comfortable guest rooms, and great views of the the Hudson River and the Manhattan skyline.
Rates starting at$615* Details
Conrad New York
in Financial District
Make Conrad Hotel New York City your home away from home when you book a spacious suite that includes multiple rooms, separate living space, a full kitchen, work space and top-of-the-line electronics. Working guests will appreciate the WiFi, voice mail and meeting space, while leisurely guests can relax and watch ESPN, HBO or movies on the 42" TV.
Rates starting at$499* Details
Book a room at the Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel and get a great hotel for an even better price. At this Brooklyn hotel, you will be able to take advantage of all that New York has to offer because you'll be so close to public transportation. Additionally, you will get to sleep in a comfortable bed and be helped by very friendly staff.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
in Financial District
Guests at the Hilton Millenium New York are treated to both a sobering and inspiring view of the World Trade Center rebuilding process, located right next door. This four-star hotel also features recently-updated rooms and close access to the subway, making it easy visit just about anywhere in New York City.
Rates starting at$419* Details
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Visit Clinton Castle National Monument at Battery Park in New York City and See a Piece of American History Before Your Eyes
This tour is FREE!
Features: Clinton Castle New York is a national monument which was built during the war of 1812 to defend the New York Harbor. For over 200 years, this historic building on the harbor has stood tall, transgressing into many things, including a being the first immigration station in America. Clinton Castle has also functioned as a theater, an event center, an aquarium and now a national monument.
Why We Go: Clinton Castle New York is free to visit and welcomes all ages, all year long!
- Hands on History: Clinton Castle NYC is a standing piece of American history. Bring the kids along for a history lesson they can see and touch. Plaques are placed all around the castle explaining why it was built, how it was built, and how it has been effected since it was built in 1811.
- Events: Throughout the years many events and beer gardens have taken place in and around Clinton Castle New York. If you're seeking a spot to enjoy the NY Harbor while hosting an event, you may consider inquiring with National Park Services to host at Clinton Castle NYC!
- Statue of Liberty: Battery Park, where Clinton Castle NYC stands, is also the boarding location for NY Harbor ferry rides to and from the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Before or after a NY Harbor tour, take your own walking tour of Clinton Castle!
Inside Knowledge: When the Federal government took over immigration regulations and opened Ellis Island, Clinton Castle Garden was transformed from America's first immigration processing station into the incredibly popular New York City Aquarium, which at the time in 1896 - its first of many transformations.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Read: Clinton Castle National Monument is full of information - literally. The walls are covered in explanations of the history of this national monument in NYC, so take a stroll through and take advantage of the history lesson before your eyes! Everyday is a great day to learn.
- Do Visit Ellis Island: Whether you visit Clinton Castle New York before or after, we recommend visiting Ellis Island in the same day. The ferry to Ellis Island departs from Battery Park, so it's extraordinarily convenient to see these two sights in one day, and they're historically related. Learn all about Clinton Castle, America's first immigration station, and Ellis Island, the second one!
- Don't Skip Statue of Liberty: As well as Ellis Island, tours of the Statue of Liberty leave from Battery Park. Hop on the ferry and see several sights in one day, while visiting Clinton Castle New York.
- Don't Miss the Music: Besides just history facts and a national monument, Clinton Castle NYC is also host to Music at Castle Clinton, an annual concert series in New York City. Events like these are a great way to explore the monument without making an entire day dedicated to history - unless you want to!