Dumbo Arts Festival
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels in New York City
Restaurants in New York City
Dumbo Arts Festival Summary
Event Overview: The Dumbo Arts Festival is an annual fall event that spreads over three days, in celebration of the local arts, artists, galleries, studios and overall appreciation of art in Dumbo Brooklyn New York. Put on by the Dumbo Arts Center, this traditional festival has become more popular each year, with artists of all kinds using the streets and any space possible to display their creativity. Families, fellow artists and appreciators of food, drinks, music and fun will have a ball at the Dumbo Art Festival.
What to Expect: The Dumbo Festival of Arts are all sorts of activities, performances and displays involving all kinds of art, making it a great New York City event for everyone to enjoy.
- Family-Friendly Activities: There are many family-focused things to do at the Dumbo Festival NYC, throughout the three-day celebration, including family yoga instructions, kids dance workshops, ballet classes, painting activities, kite-flying and more.
- An Array of Art: The Dumbo Art Festival provides performance art, literary speakers, a visual poetry marathon, musical performances such as drum circles, concerts and instrumental workshops, a musical sidewalk series and visual arts displayed both indoors and outdoors. With so many options, all guests will find a way to please their creative palate at the Dumbo Festival of Arts.
Inside Knowledge: The Dumbo Art Festival is put on each year and has been an annual event for over 14 years now. Put on by the Dumbo Arts Center in Brooklyn, the three-day celebration is meant to show appreciation for the local communities artists of all forms. Getting the whole neighborhood involved in this creative appreciation allows families and adults to be exposed to new activities and artistic outlets they may not know of otherwise.
- Pick Up a Map: There are maps made specially for the Dumbo Arts Festival each year, so that people from all over New York and even the world who come to celebrate art can find their way around the various presentations throughout the neighborhood.
- Schedule Your Time: With so many performances, exhibits and types of entertainment available throughout the three day Dumbo Festival of Arts, be sure to check the scheduled line-up of events so that you can plan each day make the most of your experience.
- Try Something New: All ages are likely to be exposed to new creative outlets, from physical activities like yoga, dance and kite flying, to sushi sculptor, poetry readings and viola or banjo workshops. Take advantage of the opportunity to discover a new talent or pick up a new hobby.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
Dumbo Arts Festival Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Dumbo Arts Festival
Sep 27,2013 - Sep 29,2013
Exercise Creative Appreciation at the Dumbo Arts Festival in Brooklyn
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- Many art performances, gallery openings and holiday events take place at the Dumbo Arts Center throughout the year.
- All ages are welcome to join this three-day festival each fall.
- Dumbo is an acronym for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass, which describes the location of this festival of arts.
York St (F); High St (A, C)