Earth Day NY
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels in Manhattan
Restaurants in Manhattan
Earth Day NY Summary
Event Overview: Earth Day NY is an annual celebration that has taken place each April 22nd for the past 40 years. There are various events throughout New York City that take place to not only honor the earth, but to teach participants how to take initiative in preserving the earth, through composte demonstrations, live music performances, and activists supporting the Green Generation campaign, so join the outdoor fun and help celebrate Earth Day NYC.
What to Expect: Among all of the Earth Day NY celebrations, there are festivals dedicated to organic food and beverages, environmentally friendly shopping, and other alternatives to damaging products that can be replaced with earth-friendly or green products. There are plenty of options for celebrating.
- Multiple Festivals: Eighth Avenue presents the largest green pop-up shopping experience in the world, providing an array of shops put, which offer sustainable fashion. Grand Central Terminal creates an Earth Day NYC art festival with images of the earth and environment-related quotes by famous artists throughout history.
- Free Earth-Education: In the past, Battery Park alone has offered a variety of Earth Day NY events with over 20 options of free things to do in NYC on Earth Day, including poetry readings, seminars on earth-related topics such as architecture, and film screenings, to name a few.
Inside Knowledge: Celebrating New York Earth Day has become an annual tradition that started over 40 years ago and the crowds and themes continue to grow with each coming year. Earth Day NY celebrated 20 years of consecutive festivals with over two million people attending the cultural events in Times Square and Central Park. The 25th anniversary included educational offerings, like The Parade for the Planet and the 30th anniversary was full of various organized festivals dedicated to the environment. The EarthFair at Grand Central Station, a two day festival full of music, food and creative fun has become a staple of the New York Earth Day celebrations in recent years as well.
- Plan Your Time: Earth Day is April 22nd each year, but Earth Day NY events often take place for several days, and even sometimes weeks long. With celebrations changing and progressing each year, be sure to check out the various areas and options ahead of time so you don’t miss out on your preferred New York Earth Day celebratory events.
- Find What Interests You: Celebrating the Earth is something nobody should miss out on, so whether you prefer organic foods, environmental activism, beer tasting, green-supporting musical artists, or artistic displays, there is a celebration you will enjoy during Earth Day NY.
- Travel Green to Earth Day: One of the easiest ways to travel to and from Earth Day New York events are by taking the subway, buses, and bicycles. Not only are these convenient ways to travel in order to escape the traffic with large crowds, but these are more earth-friendly modes of transportation that are encouraged all year long.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
Earth Day NY Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Earth Day NY
Go Green and Celebrate the Many Earth Day Events this April in New York City
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- On the 40th anniversary of Earth Day NY in April 2010, the E Campaign was presented to help get more people and new generations involved in the environmental movement.
- Earth Day festivities range throughout various boroughs of Manhattan and beyond, so be sure to check out the location that best fits your interest.
- Many famous music performers, artists and social-types get involved in the Earth Day NY celebrations, so show your environmental spirit and enjoy the entertainment.