Empire State Building Run Up
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near the Empire State Building
Restaurants near the Empire State Building
Empire State Building Run Up Summary
Event Overview: Participate in one of the most famous - and exclusive - races in NYC at the annual Empire State Building Run Up. Race up all 86 floors and 1,576 steps at the invitation-only Empire State Building Run in Midtown Manhattan.
What to Expect: The Empire State Building Run Up attracts only the best runners in NYC, and hopeful participants must apply online ahead of time to be considered in the small field that makes up this famous NYC run.
- Crowded Staircases: Despite the small field, runners in the famous Empire State Building Run can expect crowded staircases all the way up the 86-floors to the Empire State Building Observation Deck.
- Intense Physical Challenge: Cramps, dead legs and exhuastion are frequent foes in the Empire State Building Run Up. However, this NYC challenge comes with the great reward of having tamed New York City's tallest skyscraper.
Inside Knowledge: Because of the notoriously narrow staircases at this famous NYC landmark, the Empire State Building Run Up can only accept so many applicants to this NYC race. If you hope to challenge yourself at the Run Up Empire State Building, make sure to apply well before the January deadline, and have a few races under your belt before you attempt this once-in-a-lifetime NYC event.
- Less Than 10 Minutes: In 2003, runner Paul Crake set the record for this famous NYC race by running up all 1,576 steps in 9:33. However, average finishing times at the Empire State Building Run Up are usually in the 15- 25-minute range.
- No Spectators: Unfortunately, the only spectators allowed at the Empire State Building Race are the office workers who work in this famous NYC skyscraper. The tight spaces and lack of standing room make participating in the race the only way to see this classic NYC event.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Empire State Building Run Up Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Empire State Building Run Up
Empire State Building
350 5th Ave
New York, US
Famous NYC Race Up the Empire State Building
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- The Empire State Building Run Up spans 86-floors and 1,576 steps.
- The Empire State Building Race is an invitation-only NYC race, and hopeful participants must apply online in advance to be considered.
- The Empire State Building opened in 1931, and this famous NYC race was founded in 1978.
34th St-6th Ave (B, D, F, V, N, Q, R, W); 33rd St-Park Ave (6)