Tips for Visiting the Empire State Building
"The Cathedral of the Skies," as it has been called, identifies New York City more than any other feature in this landmark filled city.
Because of it’s immense size, large population, and constant influx of tourists, it’s always a good idea to plan any trip to New York City ahead of time. In order to take in what NYC has to offer, it’s helpful to have some travel tips for your trip activities, and the same is true for the empire state building. Here are some helpful tips for planning a trip to the Empire State Building:
- Buy Tickets Ahead of Time: Millions of people every year flock to New York’s tallest monument, so there will most certainly be a line. You can purchase tickets ahead of time online, and then skip the ticket line when you arrive. You will still have to wait in the security line and for the elevator, but a ticket purchase ahead of time makes getting to the top of this NYC monument that much easier.
- Head to the Top: When visiting the Empire State Building, people were only allowed to go to the 86th floor until recently. Now the 102nd floor observatory is open for use, and any Empire State Building visitor can get a breathtaking view of New York City. Be sure and make it to the 102 floor to get the full experience.
- Don’t Discount the Night: The Empire State Building is a great way to spend a day, but the observatory is open until 2am so that New Yorkers and NYC visitors can see the spectacular NY lights. Spending the evening atop the Empire State building is a great idea for a fun and original New York City date.
Hotels Near the Empire State Building
If you intend to visit the Empire State Building during your visit to New York City, you’ll most certainly want to get an affordable hotel room in Manhattan nearby. There are plenty of great hotel promos in New York, especially near the Empire State Building, but here are some of the best NY hotels with deals:
The view from the Empire State Building
- Hotel Metro New York: The Hotel Metro in New York is so close to the Empire State Building that it’s actually in the shadow of monument itself. With all of the highest quality amenities and the perfect location, the Hotel Metro is ideal for any Big Apple visitor. NYC tourists will get a great value at a great price at this top NYC hotel.
- Radisson Martinique: The newest Radisson hotel in New York City, the Radisson Martinique is conveniently located not only near the Empire State building, but Madison Square Garden and Macy’s as well. The 19 story building is perfect for all visitors to New York City.
- Vincci Avalon Hotel: This European boutique-style hotel is a favorite in Manhattan. Minutes from the Empire State Building, the Vincci Avalon Hotel is also near Herald Square shopping and the heart of Manhattan’s business district.