An Enemy of the People
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
An Enemy of the People Information
Show Quick Facts
- An Enemy of the People opens the season for fall 2012 Broadway shows at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre.
- This is a fast-paced thriller about a doctor who discovers a health concern for his community, and rather than becoming the hero he expected, starts a political, and extremely personal feud in his town.
- One of the best things to do in New York City is seeing one of the Broadway shows, and you definitely aren't going to want to miss Boyd Gaines and Richard Thomas in this one!
- Get your discounted Broadway tickets through NYC Tourist before the show ends in November 2012!
Sept. 2012 - Nov. 2012
Samuel J. Friedman Theatre (formerly Biltmore Theatre)
261 W 47th St
New York City, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
An Enemy of the People Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
An Enemy of the People
Do you agree? Write your own review!
An Enemy of the People will be at the Samuel J. Friedman Theatre through November - get your tickets today!
Features: In An Enemy of the People, Dr. Stockmann (Boyd Gaines) discovers a toxic health hazard that is threatening the community he lives in. His brother (Richard Thomas) is the mayor of the town, and while Dr. Stockmann thinks that this information will earn him great respect in his town, the mayor thinks otherwise, and this information causes political mayhem throughout the community. Things get heated and personal, but the play is surprisingly humorous and extremely entertaining.
Why We Go: An Enemy of the People is thrilling from beginning to end and the acting is impeccable. This is one of the Broadway shows this season that you're not going to want to miss!
- Wonderful Acting: Boyd Gaines (the doctor and main character) studied at Julliard and has been a long-time success on the Broadway stage and in many popular films like Fame and Funny Games and has won four Tony Awards. Richard Thomas (the mayor) has been a professional actor since age 7, in films and in Broadway shows and has won a Tony Award. Alongside a great cast, these two put on an unforgettable show.
- Exciting Story: An Enemy of the People is the prime example of good intentions gone bad, and while the doctor thinks his news will be nothing but appreciated, he's in for a rude surprise when his brother, mayor of the town, has anything to do with it. And of course, he does.
- Exceptionally Funny: While the play takes a plunge into the world of ethical and moral dilemmas, the actors keep the audience laughing the entire time.
Inside Knowledge: An Enemy of the People was adapted from the 1882 Henrik Ibsen classic by the same name.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Get Ready to Laugh: This show is nothing if not entertaining and there are more laughs throughout the play than you'd generally expect from a show about deadly toxins and a town turning against each other.
- Do Buy Your Tickets Online: You can get discounted Broadway tickets at NYC Tourist to An Enemy of the People and other Broadway shows for half the price as when you get them at the box office!
- Don't Bring Your Young Children: An Enemy of the People isn't necessarily inappropriate for children, but there are plenty of family friendly Broadway shows that they may enjoy more than this.
- Don't Go Hungry: The show last two hours, and unless you go to one of the afternoon showings, it's right at dinner time! Don't wait until you get out after 10pm to eat - there are plenty of restaurants near Broadway to indulge in!