*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Forbidden Broadway Information
Show Quick Facts
- Forbidden Broadway NYC is returning to the stage after a 3 year hiatus.
- Forbidden Broadway tickets have been sold for almost 30 years until it's closure in 2008, but they're back with brand new material that you're going to love!
- Forbidden Broadway has won several awards over the years, including a Special Tony Award.
September 6 - Ongoing
47th Street Theatre
304 W. 47th Street
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Forbidden Broadway Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Back after a 3 year hiatus, Forbidden Broadway is guaranteed to get the laughs rolling.
Features: Forbidden Broadway NYC is playing Off Broadway again this Fall after a 3 year hiatus. The performance, which spoofs Broadway plays and pokes fun at the actors and writers who make them happen, was created by Gerard Alessandrini and performed for the first time in 1982. In 2006, Forbidden Broadway NYC closed the curtain due to lack of new, exciting material to make fun of. But the show is back at it again and ready to make fun of all the most (and least) successful plays to hit Broadway recently! Forbidden Broadway at 47th Street Theatre is once again a riot!
Why We Go: Forbidden Broadway NYC is a refreshing break from the norm when it comes to New York City performing arts. In the past, the Forbidden Broadway at 47th Street Theatre reviews have all been highly positive for it's satirical and hilarious material. The time between the last performance in 2008 and this 2012 run ensures that the new material will be fresh and funnier than ever.
- The Laughs: Forbidden Broadway at the 47th Street Theatre is sure to have tons of laughs. With witty spoofs of all the most popular plays on Broadway, regular theatregoers will have a hard time not enjoying many of Forbidden Broadway NYC's skits.
- 3 Year Hiatus: Forbidden Broadway tickets haven't been on sale for over 3 years. The material in this newest version will undoubtedly be extra fresh, since quite a bit has happened in the time since 2008.
- The Awards: Forbidden Broadway did extremely well for itself during it's almost 30 year run. The show has picked up numerous awards, including a Tony for Excellence in Theatre.
Inside Knowledge: Forbidden Broadway NYC will poke fun at Broadway's most (and least) successful plays, including The Book of Mormon, Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark, Wicked and more.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Buff Up on Your Theatre: Well, you don't really need to be a theatre buff to enjoy your Forbidden Broadway tickets. But it's a good idea to know in advance that other plays are the basis for the jokes, so it helps to know what they're talking about.
- Do Use the Bathroom Prior: It's not a very long play, running at an hour and 40 minutes, but it is hilarious. If you have to use the bathroom, just do it, or laughing will be very uncomfortable.
- Don't Think Too Much: The vast majority of the jokes in Forbidden Broadway are related to other plays, so if you don't get a punchline, don't worry about it. Just be ready for the next one.
- Don't Skip This One: If you're looking for comedic entertainment, don't miss out on buying Forbidden Broadway tickets. There aren't many shows that are as funny as this one.