*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Grassroots Tavern Summary
Grassroots Tavern Information
Grassroots Tavern Info
St. Marks Place
20 St. Marks Pl.
New York, NY 10003
Hours of Operation:
Grassroots Tavern Quick Facts
- Grassroots Tavern is one of the few true neighborhood bars in East Village that are left.
- Grassroots NYC serves cocktails, pints, bottled beer, pitchers and wine.
- Grassroots Tavern New York is a popular bar for locals - this is not a big tourist spot.
6 at Astor Pl.; N, R, W at 8th St.-NYU
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
3.5 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Grassroots Tavern Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the nightclub, but category representations. Visit the nightclub's web site for actual photos.
Find Nearby Hotels
Hotel Wolcott NY
A convenient and affordable alternative to the pricey hotels of Midtown Manhattan, the Wolcott New York doesn't skimp on luxury while maintaining fair rates and great service. The Hotel Wolcott New York is perfect for anyone looking for that classic NY experience on a budget.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
Broadway Plaza Hotel
The Broadway Plaza Hotel is a boutique hotel in Flatiron, NYC offering 69 affordable, oversized rooms and suites. Centrally located, easy access to attractions and public transit. Specials & Seasonal Offers!
Rates starting at$279* Details
The Evelyn Hotel
in Gramercy Park
Discover The Evelyn Hotel in New York City, a Historic NYC Boutique NoMad Hotel near Grand Central Station in Manhattan.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
in Times Square
A luxury hotel located in the heart of Times Square with boutique comforts like plush beds, free Wi-Fi, and Gleason's Tavern - a fun hot spot for happy hour.
Rates starting at$149* Details
in Midtown East
Grand Hyatt Hotel NYC is located in the heart of Manhattan. Centrally located near top NY attractions in Manhattan,the Grand Hyatt Hotel New York is connected to Grand Central Terminal, which can take travelers just about anywhere in New York City for cheap.
Rates starting at$349* Details
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Grab a Cheap Drink, Play Some Darts & Snack on Popcorn at Grassroots Tavern Neighborhood East Village Bar
Cost of cover charge
$ - Inexpensive
$$ - Moderate
$$$ - Expensive
$$$$- Ultra High End
Features: Grassroots Tavern East Village bar is easy to miss for the average passerby, but locals know exactly where to find this home-away-from-home hole in the wall. Look for the blue-skied, green grassy logo on the sign outside, step downstairs into the door, and meet the bartender and enjoy some popcorn and cheap drinks.
Why We Go: Grassroots NYC gives visitors a taste of the true New York lifestyle, being a locals dive bar.
- Cheap Beer: Grassroots Tavern New York gets right to the point - cheap, strong drinks that your tolerance and wallet will both appreciate. Pints average about $4 and there are daily happy hour specials on top of that.
- Minimal Entertainment: The dive-y atmosphere is what attracts most of the regulars at Grassroots Tavern. This place keeps it simple with a jukebox, pool table, dart boards and a popcorn machine. What more does a bar really need?
- Plentiful Seating: Besides the long rounded bar complemented by stools, Grassroots NYC also has a section of tables with chairs, and although they don't have a kitchen, guests are welcome to bring in food from other places and eat here while they drink.
Inside Knowledge: Grassroots Tavern New York is a cash-only bar, so be sure to hit up the ATM ahead of time.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Hit Up The Jukebox: Like any dive bar should, Grassroots Tavern NYC provides a jukebox full of classic and modern hits, as well as some off-the-wall albums to throw into the mix of any given night's play list.
- Do Drink for Cheap: On top of the already cheap drink prices, Grassroots NYC also has happy hour specials Monday-Friday from 4pm-8pm, which include $1 OFF pints and $2 OFF pitchers!
- Don't Miss the Popcorn: Some bars serve peanuts, but popcorn is the Grassroots Tavern snack of choice. It's just $1 for a bowl of popped colonels, and if you know the bartender or make friends - sometimes it's free!
- Don't Dress Up: Folks don't come here to be impressed with flashy decor, a dance party or trendy cocktails. Accordingly, wear what you want, but feel no need to dress up.
- Full Bar
- Happy Hour
- Specialty Beers on Tap