Explore the wonders of New York!
Ground Zero Site
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Ground Zero Site Information
Ground Zero Site Info
When to Go:
Ground Zero Site Quick Facts
- Ground Zero Site is the location of the former World Trade Center towers.
- The 9/11 site area is still under construction.
- September 11 Memorial and Museum is open daily, with advanced tickets available to purchase.
Liberty St & Church St
New York, US
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
3.0 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Ground Zero Site Reviews
Transportation Nearby Ground Zero Site
Ground Zero Site Photos
Ground Zero Site Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attractions's web site for actual photos.
Find Nearby Hotels
Trump New York SoHo offers guests of this luxurious NY hotel 5-star customer service, spacious and comfortable guest rooms, and great views of the the Hudson River and the Manhattan skyline.
Rates starting at$580* Details
Conrad New York
in Financial District
Make Conrad Hotel New York City your home away from home when you book a spacious suite that includes multiple rooms, separate living space, a full kitchen, work space and top-of-the-line electronics. Working guests will appreciate the WiFi, voice mail and meeting space, while leisurely guests can relax and watch ESPN, HBO or movies on the 42" TV.
Rates starting at$624* Details
Book a room at the Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel and get a great hotel for an even better price. At this Brooklyn hotel, you will be able to take advantage of all that New York has to offer because you'll be so close to public transportation. Additionally, you will get to sleep in a comfortable bed and be helped by very friendly staff.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
in Financial District
Guests at the Hilton Millenium New York are treated to both a sobering and inspiring view of the World Trade Center rebuilding process, located right next door. This four-star hotel also features recently-updated rooms and close access to the subway, making it easy visit just about anywhere in New York City.
Rates starting at$379* Details
Gramercy Park Hotel
in Gramercy Park
Business travelers can mix work with pleasure at Gramercy New York Hotel. Get work done at the state-of-the-art business center, then enjoy the nearby NYC attractions and chic New York nightclubs. A meeting and events space is also available at this beautiful NY hotel.
Rates starting at$489* Details
Ground Zero Site
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Ground Zero Site is the location of an event we will never forget
This tour is FREE!
Features: The original World Trade Center towers were located in the Financial District of New York City and this location is now referred to as the Ground Zero building site. Once the location of the famous twin towers, this site is now home to unforgettable memories in American History. The area is currently being re-built into a museum and memorial in honor of all who were effected by the events that took place on September 11, 2001.
Why We Go: Although the Ground Zero Building is the site of the tragic 9/11 events, it's now a place to pay respects to the victims of the 9/11 attacks and to honor the lives of American heroes.
- Respect: The 9/11 site allows visitors from all over the world to pay respects to those lost in the tragic 9/11 attacks. Ground Zero NYC is the exact location of the tragedy in the Financial District and can be an emotional experience for many people.
- Progress: Currently Ground Zero Building site is where you will find construction of new World Trade Center buildings as well as the September 11 Memorial and Museum. While the 9/11 Museum is not open yet, it shows progress, strength and re-growth of the American spirit.
- Hotels: While much of the area is undergoing construction, some of the hotels nearby the Ground Zero Building site have opened. This is a very inexpensive area to stay at in Manhattan, and it brings you close to nearby attractions in Downtown Manhattan.
Inside Knowledge: The original name for the September 11 Memorial and Museum was the World Trade Center Memorial Foundation. This non-profit corporation will open the memorial and museum area for the Ground Zero Building Site in late 2011.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Pay Your Respects: This area is the site to one of the greatest tragedies to hit the American nation. If you plan to visit, be sure to pay your respects to the lives that were lost on that now historic day in 2001.
- Do Stay in a Nearby Hotel: Due to ongoing construction, the hotels near the Ground Zero Building site are quite affordable. They are also recently opened and modern, so guests will not be trading quality for affordability.
- Don't Expect Excitment: Although the Ground Zero Building site has become a popular attraction in New York City, keep in mind it's a place to pay respects and to experience re-growth of the new buildings. Many visitors do get emotional.
- Don't Restrict Your Trip to the Financial District: You won't want to spend your trip only in the Financial District. While there are a few tourist spots in the area, there is a lot of excitement in Midtown and other areas of downtown Manhattan NYC tourists won't want to miss.