Hair on Broadway
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hair on Broadway Information
Show Quick Facts
- Hair the Musical NYC is now playing at the St. James Theater in Midtown Manhattan.
- Hair the Musical NYC stars Paris Remillard and Steel Burkhardt.
- The Hair Musical NYC contains some profanity and nudity and is not well-suited for children.
July 5, 2011 - September 10, 2011
St. James Theater
302 West 45th Street
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Hair on Broadway Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Hair on Broadway
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Experience Broadway's First Rock Musical, Hair on Broadway
Features: Set in 1967, in Manhattan's East Village, Hair on Broadway tells the story of a group of hippies who are fighting against conscription into the Vietnam War. This cherished Broadway musical featured a toe-tapping score of classic Sixties hits, including "Let the Sun Shine In," "Aquarius," and "Good Morning Starshine." The show closed in September 2011.
Why We Go: Hair on Broadway had it all- great music, great singing, and great heart. Why wait? Experience this exhilarating revival of Hair Broadway if the show makes a return!
- Fabulous Music: While the story is compelling, the music is what sets Hair Broadway apart from other musicals in NYC. This groovy Broadway revival featured a catchy score of Sixties hits popularized by numerous recording artists over the years.
- Cool Costumes: Hair Broadway was nothing if not authentic. Even if you missed the excitement of the Sixties, you'll be astounded by the attention to detail exhibited in the costume design.
- Critical Acclaim: Since its Off-Broadway premier in 1967, Hair has consistently garnered critical praise. Addressing important social issues such as drugs, war, and sexuality, this Broadway musical was perhaps more relevant today than ever before.
Inside Knowledge: The original Hair Musical NYC caused no small controversy when it premiered with a full-frontal nude scene in 1967.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Expect Good Fun: While the musical does address sobering social issues such as drug addiction and war, Hair Broadway NYC was a delightfully light-hearted affair, filled with great music and great spirit.
- Do Enjoy Classic Songs:You'd be surprised by how many songs you'd recognize in Hair the Musical NYC. This hit Broadway musical boasts a terrific soundtrack featuring hits such as "Aquarius," "Let the Sun Shine In," and "Good Morning Starshine."
- Don't Bring the Kids: While Hair on Broadway is light-hearted and fun, it contains some content that might not be appropriate for young children. Think twice before bringing your kids to this classic Broadway musical if it opens again.
- Don't Buy Tickets: This revival of Hair the Musical NYC closed in September 2011, so don't waste time trying to find tickets for now!