*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Show Quick Facts
- Hamilton the Musical was inspired by the biography Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow that Lin-Manuel Miranda read while on vacation.
- Alexander Hamilton's story hasn't been told on Broadway since 1917.
- Miranda first performed a number from the show at the 2009 White House Evening of Poetry, Music, and the Spoken Word.
Tues & Thursday 7pm, Wed & Sat 2pm and 8pm, Fri 8pm, Sun 3pm.
2 hrs 45 minutes including intermission
Richard Rodgers Theatre
226 West 46th Street
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Produced by the Tony-award winning team that created the Heights comes Hamilton, a dynamic production that displays the real Alexander Hamilton as he changes the face of American politics.
Cost of a low price ticket
$ - $25 and under
$$ - $25-50
$$$ - $50-100
$$$$- $100 and above
Features: Lin-Manuel Miranda, composer, lyricist and book writer, brings to life the story of political pundit Alexander Hamilton from immigrant to his position as George Washington's confidant, to a war hero who galvanized the American economy. Lin-Manuel takes the stage to portray Hamilton himself with apperances by Washington, Jefferson, Aaron Burr and Eliza Hamilton.
Why We Go: Hamilton delivers an adreniline rush like no other. This charismatic new musical is by the creative team and mind that brought the Tony-winnning musical In the Heights.
- Awards: Lin-Manuel Miranda is a 2015 recipient of the MacArthur "Genius" Award. He is best known for his 2008 Tony Award for Best Original Score for In the Heights, and his 2009 Grammy Award for Best Musical Theater Album for the same play.
- Concept: Miranda breathes new life into history through his musical sylings of Hamilton. The musical numbers are rooted in hip-hop but also encompass R&B, jazz, pop and of course contemporary Broadway chorus. Miranda chooses to portray caucasian historical figures with black and Hispanic actors giving the play the tone of the contemporary American cultural landscape.
Inside Knowledge: The duration of Hamilton has yet to be determined. Check this show out while you can!
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring the Kids: The Theatre allows children ages 4 and up, this play is recommended for children ages 12+.
- Do Buy Tickets in Advance: Buy Tickets early and save!
- Don't Miss Your Chance: The show's run time hasn't yet been determined, see this hit before its gone!