Harlem Week NYC
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Harlem Week NYC Summary
Event Overview: Since 1974, Harlem Week NYC has been celebrating this culturally-rich area of New York. The annual celebration in August features exciting, family-friendly NY events such as the Harlem Jass & Music Festival, multiple fashion shows and concerts, and the eco-friendly Upper Manhattan Auto Show.
What to Expect: There's plenty to do each year at Harlem Week NYC. Expect good times, a great atmosphere, and tons of music and food at the NYC Harlem Week Festival.
- Good Vibes: Harlem Week brings out Harlemites and NYC tourists and natives to celebrate this prospering NY area. Tons of local and national celebrities come out to show their support, and Development Expos map out Harlem's path to even more economic success in the coming years.
- Great Music: Harlem is famous for its musical culture and achievements, and the Harlem Week Festival showcases some of its most talented hometown musicians everyday.
Inside Knowledge: Family-friendly Harlem Week events include a Harlem Children's Festival featuring face-painting, games and fun activities for the little ones.
- Ossie Davis & Ruby Dee Music Festival: This film festival at Harlem Week NYC is a tribute to Harlem film legends Ruby Dee and Ossie Davis, and is the perfect destination for history and film buffs in New York.
- Harlem 5k Run: Get active, support a healthy cause and explore Harlem by entering the Percy Sutton 5k Run during Harlem Week NYC.
- "Healthy Eating" Farmer's Market: The farmer's market at the Harlem Week Festival features locally-grown and produced products from Harlem and NYC natives.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
Harlem Week NYC Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Harlem Week NYC
West 135th Street (5th Ave to Saint Nicholas Ave)
New York, US
Jul 27,2014 - Aug 28,2014
Festival Celebrates Harlem the People, Culture and Art of Harlem
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- Harlem Week Festival began as Harlem Day in 1974.
- In 2009, former President Bill Clinton unveiled the Zagat Harlem Guide as part of the Harlem Week events.
- The first-ever Harlem 5K Run took place in 2009, and attracted over 3,000 runners.
135th St (A, B, C)