Holiday Train Show
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels in New York City
Restaurants in New York City
Holiday Train Show Summary
Event Overview: The Holiday Train show at the New York Botanical Gardens is an annual event and a seasonal favorite activity of many people in New York and nation-wide. The gardens are an impressive 250 acres and during the NYC Holiday Train Show, the center of the garden is full of Christmas trees and benches are decorated with cheer. 140 famous and beloved buildings and sites of NYC recreate on a small scale are built from all natural materials such as twigs, leaves and pine cones, and on display along with g-scale trains puffing through the miniature Big Apple.
What to Expect: This NY Botanical Garden family-friendly holiday event features fun that will have all ages feeling young-at-heart during the season of appreciating our loved-ones.
- Gingerbread Adventures: This special section of the NYC Holiday Train Show is meant for the little ones to enjoy, offering guided gingerbread activities as well as an outdoor exhibit with gingerbread houses on display.
- Tiny Annual Favorites: The Statue of Liberty, St. Patrick's Cathedral and Yankees Stadium exhibits are some of the popular favorites, as well as a new addition, the JFK airport, complete with miniature planes and runways. Bridges, tunnels, rivers and other exhibits such as Thomas the Train are part of the enchanted holiday experience as well.
Inside Knowledge: Botanical Garden, home of the NYC Holiday Train Show takes up 250 acres of Bronx Park, providing beautiful flower and plant displays throughout the various seasons of the year. Once owned by the Lorillard family, the land that the New York Botanical Garden now resides one was taken over by the City of New York for the purposes of research laboratories, the garden and zoo.
- Avoid Holiday Weeks: The Holiday Train Show is held each year from November-January and the busiest weeks are generally December 21-January1. We suggest checking out the NYC Holiday Train Show before or after the holiday weeks to avoid overwhelming crowds and save on ticket prices.
- Arrive in Late Afternoon: Guests who begin their NY Botanical Garden Holiday Train Show adventures around 4pm will experience the best of both Holiday Train Show worlds; seeing the immaculate displays during the sunlight and continuing into the night as the gallery turns into a twinkling winter wonderland full of lights.
- Take the Train: Taking the Train to the Holiday Train Show is a convenient way to skip traffic and the Grand Central Terminal on the Metro-North Railroad is nearby.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Holiday Train Show Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Holiday Train Show
New York Botanical Garden
2900 Southern Blvd
Bronx , US
Nov 17,2012 - Jan 13,2013
$15 - $25
Get Into the Festive Spirit at the Holiday Train Show at New York Botanical Gardens
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- Tickets are sold in 15-minute intervals to regulate crowds, but guests are welcome to spend as much time as they want inside during open hours.
- 20 minutes from Grand Central Terminal.
- Garden Spreads over 250 Acres and the facility is open year-round.