How the Grinch Stole Christmas
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas Information
Show Quick Facts
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas is based on the book by Dr. Seuss.
- The Grinch Broadway was performed at the Foxwoods Theatre (then known as the Hilton Theatre).
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas is no longer performed on Broadway.
|NYC Shows (advertisements)|
|Get Your Tickets Company|
• Broadway Show Tickets
• New York Mets
• Phantom of the Opera
Nov. 9, 2007 - Jan. 7, 2008
4 Penn Plaza
New York, New York 10001
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
How the Grinch Stole Christmas Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Classic Songs and Tender Humor in How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Features: How the Grinch Stole Christmas is a warm-hearted holiday musical based on the cherished children's book by Dr. Seuss. In this touching rendition - a former Broadway favorite - Max the Dog narrates the exploits of the grumpy, mean-spirited Grinch, who has decided to steal Christmas from the Whos. Musical numbers include the enduring holiday classic "Welcome Christmas" and the slinky "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch."
Why We Go: Adapted from the popular children's book by Dr. Seuss, the Grinch on Broadway featured the directorial supervision of two-time Tony Award-winning director Jack O'Brien, choreography by Oscar-winning John DeLuca, book by Timothy Mason, and music by Mel Marvin (those songs that appeared in the original Dr. Seuss cartoon feature lyrics by Dr. Seuss and music by Albert Hague).
- Costumes: As you'd expect, How the Grinch Stole Christmas features eccentric, endearing characters in unmistakable Dr. Seuss attire. Seeing these costumes in person, however, is a special treat.
- Charm: Like the classic book and cartoon upon which it is based, How the Grinch Stole Christmas is filled with charm, warmth, and heart - the quintessential qualities of the holiday season.
- Story: It is, of course, the classic, heartwarming story that endears the original book to children and their parents; and it was the story, altered only slightly by a careful and reverent hand, that endeared the Grinch on Broadway to theatergoers from 2007 to 2008.
Inside Knowledge: The Grinch Musical made its debut on the mainstage of Minneapolis's Children's Theatre Company in November 1994.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Read the Book: A performance of How the Grinch Stole Christmas will be greatly enhanced by an advance reading of the classic children's book. Watch the cartoon to familiarize yourself with the lyrics (supposing you aren't already).
- Do Look for Tour Dates: How the Grinch Stole Christmas is touring the nation, so we recommend checking upcoming tour dates.
- Don't Wait for a Broadway Revival: Chances are, the tour of How the Grinch Stole Christmas won't conclude for some time. We recommend trying to catch a show in another town.
- Don't Forget the Kids: While How the Grinch on Broadway is, of course, entertaining for adults, it is, and always has been, most cherished by children. Bring the kids to a performance of this magical musical to make some lasting memories.