If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet Information
Show Quick Facts
- If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet starts it's limited run of Off Broadway shows on September 21, 2012.
- Jake Gyllenhaal stars in this provocative new drama.
- The performance is an hour and a half long with no intermissions.
September 21 - November 25
Laura Pels Theatre
111 W 46th St
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet
Do you agree? Write your own review!
If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet is a thought-provoking and insightful new production Off Broadway featuring Jake Gyllenhaal.
Features: If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet is a provocative new production that is joining the schedule of Off Broadway shows fall 2012. Starring Academy Award nominee Jake Gyllenhaal in his first US stage performance, If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet is an insightful drama about an overweight and picked on daughter, Anna, and an unorganized family that gets thrown into turmoil when Uncle Terry (Gyllenhaal) unexpectedly shows up. Anna and Uncle Terry form an unlikely friendship as the family tailspins. These Off Broadway shows begin on Friday, September 21 at Laura Pels Theatre.
Why We Go: Going to Off Broadway shows is something we love to begin with, but we're super excited to see Jake Gyllenhaal in his US stage debut. The chaos of this regular family and the distinct personalities of each character will entertain until the end.
- Dark Yet Humorous: The basic material of the plot is darker, but it is laced with light humor. Teenage Anna takes some advice from her wayward Uncle Terry, which you can imagine turns out with mild confusion and humor.
- Jake Gyllenhaal: Jake Gyllenhaal was great in movies like Brothers, Jarhead and Donnie Darko. Seeing him as a cast member of one this fall's Off Broadway shows has us chomping at the bit!
- The Characters: The characters of If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet are eccentric and we love it: an over-protective school teacher for a mom, an aspiring author and environmentalist for a dad, and an estranged, potty-mouthed uncle. And of course Anna, the overweight teenage daughter who fights bullies back at school.
Inside Knowledge: Don't buy your kids NYC show tickets to this performance. The material is equivalent to a movie that is rated R.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do See It Now: If There Is I Haven't Found It Yet is scheduled for a strictly limited run. See it now until it's final show on November 25.
- Do Get Comfortable: The show isn't the longest, but there is no intermission. If you've been busy with the many things to do in New York City, take a bit before the show to eat, use the restroom, or whatever else you do to prepare to make sure you're comfortable and ready to go!
- Don't Bring the Kids: This performance is definitely not for kids. There is simulated drug use, foul language and violence. Don't purchase these NYC show tickets for the whole family.
- Don't Forget to Turn Off the Phone: There's a lot of tension and drama in this production. Don't ruin it for everybody by forgetting to turn your phone off. Rookie mistake man, rookie mistake.