In the Heights Broadway
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
In the Heights Broadway Information
Show Quick Facts
- In the Heights Broadway is performed at the Richard Rodgers Theatre in New York City.
- The Richard Rodgers Theatre offers a lottery on the day of each performance for $26.50 front-row tickets.
- In the Heights the Musical was written by Lin-Manuel Miranda.
March 9, 2008 - April 3, 2011
Richard Rodgers Theatre
226 West 46th Street
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
In the Heights Broadway Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
In the Heights Broadway
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Tony Award-Winning Choreography in In the Heights Broadway
Features: In the Heights Broadway tells the story of a vibrant Latino community in Manhattan's Washington Heights. The plot revolves around the failures and dreams of Usnavi, a Dominican-American bodega owner, and Vanessa, the beautician he loves, while the subplot follows Nina, a struggling college student, and Benny, who works for her overly protective father. The play, written by and starring Lin-Manuel Miranda, examines the meaning of family and the value of community.
Why We Go: Since its 2008 debut, In the Heights Broadway has received near-unanimous critical acclaim. This Broadway musical features passionate and heartfelt performances by a talented cast, sharp and innovative choreography, and a memorable, highly expressive score.
- Awards: For its outstanding score, breathtaking choreography, and excellent orchestrations, In the Heights Broadway won four Tonys and a Grammy (including the Tony Award for Best Musical 2008). The year prior, In the Heights the Musical won two Drama Desk Awards, two Lucille Lortel Awards, and two Outer Critics Circle Awards.
- Score: In the Heights Broadway features a unique score, with music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda. The music makes use of both Latino and African-American influences, as seen in the salsa and hip-hop numbers.
- Lin-Manuel Miranda: This talented up-and-comer wrote the first draft of In the Heights Broadway when he was a sophomore in college. In the years following, he worked on developing the score, and now he can be seen in certain performances as Usnavi, the star of the show.
Inside Knowledge: In 2002, Lin-Manuel Miranda and John Buffalo Mailer worked with director Tommy Kail to produce five separate drafts of In the Heights the Musical.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Look for Miranda: There's no doubt that Lin-Manuel Miranda, after this stunning Broadway debut, will go on to have a successful career, if not as an actor, as a playwright. Be sure to look out for new works by this talented up-and-comer.
- Do Feel at Ease: No formal dress code is enforced by the Richard Rodgers Theatre. Dress comfortably and enjoy the show.
- Don't Forget Your Friends: Groups of ten or more will enjoy a special discount when they purchase tickets to In the Heights Broadway. Make sure to bring a few friends: they'll thank you for it.
- Don't Miss the Lottery: Because In the Heights Broadway is so popular, it is often difficult to get ahold of tickets. We recommend trying for the Monday night performance at 8pm. Alternatively, you might try participating in the Richard Rodgers Theatre lottery, which offers fans the chance to win $26.50 front-row seats.