We've reached some pretty solid springtime weather in New York City, this week hitting the 70s and 80s, and heading into the summer, it'll just get warmer and warmer - which means something wonderful for partiers - it's rooftop bar season!
NYC Rooftop bars are our favorite places to drink, especially when you can enjoy sunshine, a beautiful New York City view and a cold drink in your hand. Here's our list of the best rooftop bars in New York:
Upstairs at the Kimberly: Midtown East
- We Recommend specialty drinks like The Chrysler or champagne cocktails.
- Best Feature: Retractable glass roof open year-round.
230 Fifth: Flatiron District
- We Recommend: Weekend brunch on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Best Feature: Rooftop garden with view of Chrysler Building & Empire State Building.
- We Recommend: Go early to avoid crowds on weekends.
- Best Feature: Romantic view in an intimate atmosphere.
Salon de Ning at Hotel Pennsylvania: Midtown East
- We Recommend: Choose this location for private parties.
- Best Feature: Panoramic views of Manhattan skyline.
Rare View at Affinia Shelburn: Murray Hill
- We Recommend: Get dinner and drinks with a breath-taking view.
- Best Feature: Spacious rooftop with ample dining space.
Press Lounge New York at Kimpton Hotel : Hells Kitchen
- We Recommend: Dress to impress if you're going after sundown.
- Best Feature(s): Party atmosphere with strong drinks and views of the Hudson River.
Penthouse 808 at Ravel Hotel: Long Island City
- We Recommend: Private parties in the glass greenhouse year-round.
- Best Feature: Stunning views of the Queensboro Bridge.
Glass Bar at Hotel Indigo: Chelsea
- We Recommend: Mochatinis - Delicious alcoholic chocolaty treats in a glass!
- Best Feature(s): Awesome small plates menu at the bar, DJ Tuesday-Sunday 8pm-2am.
Rooftop Bar at Empire Hotel: Upper West Side
- We Recommend: Eat before you come. Food is pricey, but it's great for partying after dinner.
- Best Feature: Celebrity DJs Thursday, Friday and Saturday 9pm-4am.
Bookmarks Lounge at Library Hotel: Midtown East
- We Recommend: Literary cocktails - Specialty drinks named after your favorite novels and authors.
- Best Feature: Beautiful views and excellent bartenders.
Ava Lounge at The Dream: Midtown West
- We Recommend: Bring your friends- a great place for groups to gather.
- Best Feature: Contemporary art murals on the way up to the rooftop.
- We Recommend: Wednesday night clambakes in the summer, and draft beers year-round.
- Best Feature: Amazing City views.
The Rose Bar at Gramercy Park Hotel: Gramercy
- We Recommend: Make a Reservation if you want to arrive after 9pm.
- Best Feature: Bohemian interior with custom furniture and an eclectic art collection.
Thom Bar at 60 Thompson Hotel: SoHo
- We Recommend: Thai iced tea martini - creative cocktail, worth the price.
- Best Feature: Trendy vibe attracts celebrities and the who's who crowd of New York.
Be sure to check our New York deals page often to find discounts at these hotels and rooftop lounges. Make the most of the awesome weather by hitting up the best rooftop bars in NYC this spring and summer!