Jersey Boys Broadway
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near August Wilson Theatre
Jersey Boys Broadway Information
Show Quick Facts
- The Jersey Boys Broadway is based on the real-life story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons.
- Jersey Boys NYC won four Tony Awards and the Laurence Olivier Award for Best New Musical.
- The Jersey Boys Broadway contains strong language and may be inappropriate for children under twelve.
Nov. 6, 2005 - Ongoing
Tues. 7pm, Wed. 2pm and 8pm, Thurs. 8pm, Fri. 8pm, Sat. 2pm and 8pm, Sun. 3pm
2 hours 30 minutes
August Wilson Theatre
245 West 52nd Street
New York, New York 10019
50th St-Broadway (1); 50th St-8th Ave (C, E); 7th Ave-53rd St (B, D, E)
Ages 4 and up
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 3 reviews
4.7 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Jersey Boys Broadway Reviews
Not what you were looking for?
Search by artist, venue, or event!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Jersey Boys Broadway
Do you agree? Write your own review!
A Compelling Rock 'N' Roll Story and Superb Vocal Talent in Jersey Boys Broadway
Cost of a low price ticket
$ - $25 and under
$$ - $25-50
$$$ - $50-100
$$$$- $100 and above
Features: Performed at the small and intimate August Wilson Theatre, Jersey Boys Broadway tells the real-life story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons in the context of their hit pop and rock 'n' roll songs. Gangsters, loan sharks, and famous rock 'n' roll musicians all make appearances in this compelling and original Broadway musical.
Why We Go: While Jersey Boys Broadway features the music of the Baby Boomer generation, people of all ages will be riveted and entertained by the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. By turns funny, romantic, and tragic, this unique documentary-style musical (soon to become a feature-length film) is guaranteed to achieve classic status.
- Awards: In 2006, Jersey Boys Broadway won four Tony Awards - one for Best Musical, one for Best Actor, one for Best Featured Actor, and one for Best Lighting Design. Since then, the Jersey Boys has continued to receive wide acclaim; in 2009, it won the Laurence Olivier Award for Best New Musical.
- Music: More than anything, people go to see Jersey Boys Broadway for the outstanding musical talent. Those unfamiliar with Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons will be dazzled by the effortless group harmonies and the pure, boyish falsetto of lead actor Jarrod Spector; even long-time fans of the band will be struck by Spector's disarmingly precise invocation of Frankie Valli.
- Charity: For every ticket sold to a Broadway performance of the Jersey Boys in October 2010, one dollar was donated to the VH1 Save the Music Foundation. Jersey Boys Broadway ultimately raised $43,521 to benefit New York Public Schools, well exceeding all original goals.
Inside Knowledge: The Jersey Boys premiered in an out-of-town tryout on October 5, 2004 at the La Jolla Playhouse at University of California, San Diego.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Enjoy Student Discounts: The August Wilson Theatre in New York City offers a limited number of $27 Student Rush tickets for each performance of the Jersey Boys Broadway. Rush tickets are available at the box office on the day of the performance starting at 10am.
- Do Take Home the Soundtrack: Once you've seen the show, be sure to take home a copy of the original cast recording and one of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons' Best Of compilations.
- Don't Miss a Sold-Out Show: Show sold out? Don't sweat it. Standing Room tickets are available two hours prior to the performance of a sold-out show for $27 (limit one per person).
- Don't Bring the Kids: While children above twelve will enjoy the superb pop and rock performances in Jersey Boys Broadway, they will likely be bored by the documentary-style exploration of fame, jealousy, and loss. Also, Jersey Boys NYC features strong language and adult situations.