Joes Shanghai NYC
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Joes Shanghai NYC Summary
Joes Shanghai NYC Information
Restaurant Quick Facts
- Joe's Shanghai has locations in the Chinatown and Midtown Manhattan as well as the primary location in Queens.
- In addition to 3 NYC locations, Joe's Shanghai has 3 restaurants in Japan.
- in 2003, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg bet Boston Mayor Thomas Menino 2 dozen soup dumplings from Joes Shanghai NYC that the Yankees would win their playoff series against the Boston Red Sox.
Restaurant Website: http://www.joeshanghairestaurants.com/
13621 37th Avenue
New York, NY 11354
Main St (7)
Hours of Operation:
Sun.-Fri.11am- 11pm, Sat.11am- 12pm
In addition to the main location in Queens, Joe's Shanghai also has a location in Chinatown and Midtown Manhattan.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0% recommended it
Joes Shanghai NYC Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the restaurant, but category representations. Visit the restaurant's web site for actual photos.
Find Nearby Hotels
Joes Shanghai NYC
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Joes Shanghai Provides Famously Delicious Asian Cuisine
Cost of one meal
$ - $10 and under
$$ - $11-30
$$$ - $31-60
$$$$- $60 and above
Features: One of 3 locations, Joes Shanghai Restaurant in Flushing, Queens, NYC is one of the most popular Asian restaurants in New York City. Known city-wide for it's authentic, and delicious, Shanghai-style cuisine, Joes Shanghai NYC has earned awards and accolades since the mid-'90s. From the braised duck to the succulent jumbo prawns with lime sauce, Joes Shanghai NY will leave you satisfied and smiling.
Why We Dine: With the it's friendly, helpful staff, fun atmosphere, and unique take on Asian cuisine, Joes Shanghai NY provides a memorable experience for customers of all kinds.
- Soup Dumplings: This one-of-a-kind dish is what Joes Shanghai NYC is known for. Soup dumplings are made by placing a thickened soup into a standard dumpling, then cooking the dumpling so that the thickened soup turns to liquid. The result is a tasty treat that mixes savory flavors. The dumplings come in beef, pork, or our favorite, crab meat.
- Awards: Joes Shanghai NYC has received wide recognition in New York City for its accomplishments in the world of Asian cuisine. Not only were they rated 'Excellent' by the Zagat Guide in 1999, 2001, 2005 and 2006, Joes Shanghai NY has won multiple Eating and Drinking Awards from Time Out New York magazine. Joes Shanghai NYC even received 2 stars from the New York Times.
- Value: As far as famous restaurants go, Joes Shanghai NY is surprisingly affordable. Most entrees are at the most $16, with only a few specific dishes costing between $20 and $30. For top-notch Asian cuisine known city-wide, this is a steal.
Inside Knowledge: There's a special way to eat the soup dumplings without spilling everywhere or scalding your mouth. You nibble the edge of the dumpling, catch the soup in your spoon, then let the dumpling cool. There's even a how-to video on the Joes Shanghai Restaurant website.
- Braised Pork Shoulder: One of many succulent pork dishes on the menu at Joes Shanghai NYC, the braised pork shoulder has been slow cooked in its own juices, saving every bit of flavor.
- Yellow Fish Filet with Rice Wine Sauce: A seafood delight, the yellow fish with rice wine sauce is fantastic. The acidity of the rice wine plays off of the ginger in a perfect contrast of flavors.
- Cheap Eats
- Chef's Specials
- Homemade Desserts
- Kid Friendly
- Take-Out Available
- Wheelchair Access