What to Know at the MacArthur Airport Islip
The MacArthur Airport on Long Island serves as a local hub, with regular flights to other airports along the Eastern United States.
While there are certainly some things to love about the Long Island MacArthur Airport, there are also some limitations to flying through this small NY airport.
- No Baggage Storage: There is no baggage storage available at the Long Island Airport. However, many NYC hotels near the airport offer guests free or cheap baggage storage.
- Limited Flights Out of NYC: Because of its small size and lack of participating airlines, the Long Island MacArthur Airport offers only limited service to other American cities. Southwest offers full-time service to Baltimore, Chicago-Midway, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Tampa, and West Palm Beach, with seasonal service to Fort Myers. US Airways Express offers service out of the MacArthur Airport to Philadelphia.
- Long Island Airport Closes Early: The Islip MacArthur Airport closes at Midnight each night, with all Long Island Airport restaurants shutting down at 10pm. For your convenience, book a nearby Long Island NY airport hotel and enjoy comfortable accommodations near the MacArthur Airport.
Long Island Airport Transportation
There are a lot of ways to get to and from the Long Island Airport near Islip. Whether you're hoping to take convenient NYC mass transit, or plan on taking your own vehicle, the Long Island Airport makes getting to this small NY airport hassle free.
- Parking at Long Island MacArthur Airport: Convenient parking at the MacArthur Airport Islip is available in three separate rates. Daily parking at the Long Island Airport is available by the half-hour for $1.50. Hourly Parking is closest to the terminal and costs $3, and vehicles can be charged a maximum of $25 per day. Daily Long Term Parking is $4 per hour, and $14 per day. Long-Term Economy Parking is the farthest away from the Terminal, but also the cheapest, at just $12 per day.
- Long Island Rail Road: The Long Island Rail Road conveniently picks up and drops off MacArthur Aiport commuters at Penn Station in Manhattan, for just $10.75 per ticket. Commuters can take the $5 Long Island Airport Shuttle to the nearby Ronkonkoma Station. The commute via the LIRR is about 1.5 hours total.
- Long Island Bus: The community Long Island Bus makes frequent stops at the MacArthur Airport NYC. This is especially convenient for NYC tourists primarily visiting Long Island City. Check out the Long Island Bus Map and Schedule for the latest rates and pick-up times at the Long Island Airport.
- Taxis at the MacArthur Airport: Taxi service is available outside of baggage claim at the Long Island MacArthur Airport. Flat rates into Manhattan start at $100 + tip, and it is highly recommended that NYC tourists visiting Manhattan via the Long Island Airport use mass transit into the city.
- Long Island Airport Car Rental Service: Car rental service at the Islip Airport MacArthur is also available outside of the baggage claim area, and is serviced by Alamo, Budget, Avis, Hertz and Enterprise.
Other New York City Airports & NYC Airport Transfers
Other NYC Airports include JFK Airport, LaGuardia Airport and Newark International Airport. The New York Airport bus service offers transportation between JFK and LaGuardia. Also the Airporter provides service between JFK and Newark airports.