Macbeth on Broadway
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Macbeth on Broadway Information
Show Quick Facts
- Macbeth on Broadway previews on April 7, 2013 and has its opening night on April 21, 2013 at the Ethel Barrymore Theatre. Macbeth tickets are on sale now.
- Shakespeare's play of power and the supernatural has been reimagined in a stunning and creative way, as it is now set in modern times at a psychiatric hospital.
- Scottish actor Alan Cumming will act out the story as most of the major characters in a feverish retrospect in his cell at the psych ward.
April 7 - July 1, 2013
243 W 47th St
New York, New York 10336
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Macbeth on Broadway Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Macbeth on Broadway
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Macbeth on Broadway is a fresh take on Shakespeare starring Alan Cumming.
Features: Macbeth on Broadway is an avant-garde production of Shakespeare's classic tragedy that will run for a limited engagement on Broadway and stars Alan Cumming. The production is unusual in that Cumming will portray all of the major characters, and that it is set in a psychiatric unit where the lone patient recounts the famous story of ambition, desire and ruthlessness.
Why We Go: Macbeth on Broadway is a fresh take on the classic Shakespeare work that is filled with stirring performances by Alan Cumming.
- Great Acting: Alan Cumming won a Tony Award for his previous performance in Cabaret, and has been nominated for an Emmy for his portrayal of Eli Gould on the critically acclaimed CBS TV show, The Good Wife.
- Limited Engagement: This show will only run for 72 shows and will play just six times a week due to the taxing nature of the production, so definitely don't delay in securing Macbeth tickets.
- Creative Take on Macbeth: Macbeth on Broadway is completely different from the play you studied in high school. This takes place in modern times and is set in a clinical room deep within a psychiatric unit. Alan Cumming reenacts the notorious story as if it were a schizophrenic nightmare.
Inside Knowledge: This exact version of Macbeth was previously put on by the Scottish National Theatre, and Cumming was widely praised for his virtuoso portrayal of several of the characters. Each show was sold out and garnered a lot of buzz.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do catch it while you can: Get your Macbeth tickets today, as this new Broadway show will be a very limited engagement of 72 shows.
- Do explore the area: There are some fantastic things to do in New York City in the area surrounding the Ethel Barrymore Theatre, so coordinate it so you have time to check out some iconic Big Apple attractions before the show.
- Don't bring kids: Macbeth as written by Shakespeare is bloody and violent enough, but this new production takes the material to disturbing new heights that are definitely not appropriate for children.
- Don't expect traditional Shakespeare: Those with Macbeth tickets should know that this is Macbeth as you've never seen it before. In the hands of directors John Tiffany and Andrew Goldberg, the show is transformed into a fresh modern take on the ultimate tragedy.