Macy's Flower Show
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near Macy's Herald Square
Restaurants near Macy's Herald Square
Macy's Flower Show Summary
Event Overview: Each year, to kick off the Spring season, from late March-early April, Macy's Herald Square puts on their annual flower show, transforming the massive retail store into a garden with over 30,000 types of flowers and flowering trees. Guests can stroll through the store at their own pace or take a guided tour through the springtime wonderland to learn about the plant varieties, centerpieces and how the New York flower show was put together.
What to Expect: The Macys Flower Show has become a popular annual springtime event in NYC due to the captivating exhibits on display throughout the store, which change each year.
- Multiple Garden Themes: Shopping becomes a whimsical adventure through the enchanting gardens of each participating department at the Macy's New York flower show. Past themes have included a princess garden in the little girls clothing section, a Colonial Williamsburg pleasure garden in the Cellar and beautiful table settings with immaculate floral designs throughout the home departments.
- In-Store Events: The Macy's Flower Show NYC often features cooking demonstrations, prize giveaway contests including vacation packages and other in-store events and seminars. Wander through the various departments and gardens to experience all that the Macys Flower Show has to offer.
Inside Knowledge: The first ever Macy's Flower Show opened at the Union Square Macy's store in San Francisco in 1947, and five years later a similar springtime show opened at the Herald Square Macy's in New York. In 1980, when specialty gardens started being built for the annual show, exotic plants and flowers from around the world began to star in the New York flower show. Throughout the years, various events such as Daytime Emmy Nomination announcements and live Broadcasts of the Today Show have also taken place at the Macys Flower Show.
- Take a Tour: Free guided tours through the Macys Flower Show are offered every half hour from 11am-4pm during the event days. New York flower show tours last 20 minutes and give guests some inside knowledge about the floral displays, how they were put together and the types of plants used throughout the show. Tours begin at the NY Macy's entrance on 35th and Broadway.
- Experience the Opening: Although the Macy's Flower Show lasts several days in the store, the opening day is usually the most exciting and often features celebrity appearances. In 1990, Audrey Hepburn opened the show.
- Go to the Visitors Center: Not only does the visitors center provide event information, which is helpful in seeing all the gardens and in-store events you won't want to miss, but it's also the spot to be for sweepstakes giveaways, such as a cruise and vacation package.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 2 reviews
100.0% recommended it
Macy's Flower Show Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Macy's Flower Show
Macy's Herald Square
151 W 34th St
New York, US
Mar 24,2013 - Apr 07,2013
Spring is in the Air at the Annual Macy's Flower Show in Midtown West
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- The Macy's Flower Show hosted the Daytime Emmy Nomination announcement in 1989 and 1990.
- Macys Flower Show memorabilia is available to purchase on the lower level of the main floor.
- From 1965-1973 there were no New York flower shows, due to the cost of keeping up the live floral displays.
34th St-7th Ave (1, 2, 3); 33rd Street (PATH); 34th St-6th Ave (B, D, F, V, N, Q, R, W)