*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Maize Newark Summary
Maize Newark Information
Restaurant Quick Facts
- Maize Newark is located on site at the Best Western Robert Treat Hotel.
- Reservations are recommended, but not essential.
- There is an 18% gratuity charge for parties of six or more.
Restaurant Website: http://www.maizerestaurant.com/
50 Park Place
Newark, NJ 07102
Hours of Operation:
Mon.-Fri. 7am-12am, Sat. 8am-12am, Sun. 11am-10pm
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
0.0% recommended it
Maize Newark Reviews
Find Nearby Hotels
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Fine Dining and Intimate Atmosphere at Maize Newark
Cost of one meal
$ - $10 and under
$$ - $11-30
$$$ - $31-60
$$$$- $60 and above
Features: Maize Restaurant features delicious steaks and seafood platters in an upscale, intimate setting.
Why We Dine: Located on site at the historic Best Western Robert Treat Hotel, the dark, intimate Maize Newark promises a memorable and elegant dining experience like no other.
- Atmosphere: As a guest of the restaurant, you will enjoy the candlelit rooms, delicate floral arrangments, dark woods, rich ornamental rugs, and thought-provoking wall art of Maize Newark almost as much as you'll enjoy the food.
- Seafood: Maize Newark offers several seafood platters, every one of them delicious. You might begin with some Spanish mussels or some cornmeal crusted calamari, then move on, later, to twin lobster tails or crab crepes. Those with small appetites might savor a shrimp cocktail or share the Mariscada Seafood Combo with a friend (split-entree fees apply).
- Accolades: The 2001 winner of the American Tasting Institute's USA Culinary Excellence Award, Maize Restaurant also received a rating of "Very Good" from The New York Times and "Three Stars" from The Star-Ledger.
Inside Knowledge: Maize Restaurant was featured as a filming location for the popular HBO series The Sopranos.
- Pre-Theater Menu: At $45 per person (plus 7% tax), the pre-theater meal at the Maize Newark NJ is an affordable alternative to the more expensive pre-theater meals in New York.
- Tapas: These tasty appetizers, served from 3pm-11pm at Maize Restaurant, are sure to hold your appetite. Menu items include Portuguese mussels, spicy fried calamari, and spicy chicken wings.
- Veal Francesca: This savory, mouthwatering dish features mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, and veal sauteed in lemon sauce.