Mamma Mia Broadway
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Mamma Mia Broadway Information
Show Quick Facts
- Tony Award-Winning Musical.
- Soundtrack features 22 ABBA songs.
- Mamma Mia has played over 3,700 shows at Winter Garden Theatre.
October 18, 2001 - Ongoing
Mon., Wed. - Sat. 8pm; Tues. 7pm; Wed. & Sat. 2pm
2 hours, 30 minutes. One intermission.
Winter Garden Theatre
New York, New York 10019
50th St-Broadway (1); 49th St-7th Ave (N, R, W); 50th St-8th Ave (C, E)
Guests 13 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
Advanced Purchase and Day of Tickets Available.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 2 reviews
3.8 out of 5 Stars
50.0% recommended it
Mamma Mia Broadway Reviews
Mamma Mia Broadway Photos
Mamma Mia Broadway
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Get Swept Away to the Greek Isle With Mamma Mia, a Comedic Love Story Featuring an All ABBA Soundtrack
Cost of a low price ticket
$ - $25 and under
$$ - $25-50
$$$ - $50-100
$$$$- $100 and above
Features: Mamma Mia Broadway features an energetic soundtrack of songs from the famous Swedish pop group ABBA. Set in Greece, this broadway musical stars 20-year-old Sophie whose one wish is to have her father walk her down the aisle at her upcoming wedding, but her mother, Donna, is unsure of his identity. Sophie takes a peek through her mother's old diary, exploring Donna's past lovers, and contacts three likely men who may be her father. As the story unfolds on stage, men begin to arrive, much to Donna's surprise, and conflict arises between the mother and daughter.
Why We Go: The Mamma Mia musical is extremely upbeat, and though the story isn't always peachy, the energy remains exciting, with ABBA songs guests can't help but sing along to and flashy dance numbers.
- ABBA Soundtrack: There's no denying the catchy qualities of famous ABBA songs such as "Dancing Queen," "S.O.S.," and "Take a Chance on Me." ABBA fans and general pop music fans will enjoy these famed songs intertwined within the storyline and performed on stage.
- Kid-Friendly: The Mamma Mia show is one you can take the whole family to and all ages will enjoy the classic hit songs, exciting choreography and romantically comedic storyline.
- Award-Winning Musical: Mamma Mia Broadway won five Tony Awards in 2002, including "Best Musical" and "Best Orchestrations" as well as two Drama Desk Awards and a Theater World Award the same year.
Inside Knowledge: Tickets are available at the Winter Garden Theater box office the day of the show, though there may be slim pickings for availability.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Sing and Dance: Mamma Mia NYC is a light-hearted Broadway play with an atmosphere that encourages guests to sing along to the beloved ABBA songs and even dance in the isles during the engaging performance.
- Do Bring Friends and Family: Mamma Mia Broadway is a timeless story of love, friendship and family coming together for an unforgettable wedding and this play is a great experience you'll want to share with loved ones.
- Don't Expect Drama: Although the storyline of the Mamma Mia musical features family issues and both mother and daughter are unsure of who Sophie's father is, the play is generally very uplifting and the story is depicted through one upbeat song and dance performance after another. This is a romantic comedy, not a serious drama.
- Don't Just See the Movie: The motion picture Mamma Mia! is very well-made and entertaining, but just because you may have seen the film by now, doesn't mean you experience the live theater production. Winter Garden Theatre provides an intimate setting and the stage bursts with energy, captivating audience members from start to finish.