Mary Poppins Broadway
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Mary Poppins Broadway Information
Show Quick Facts
- Playing at New Amsterdam Theater on Broadway, which was renovated by Disney.
- All staff and actors are Disney employees.
- All ages welcome.
November 16, 2006- Ongoing
New Amsterdam Theater
214 W 42nd St
New York, New York 10036
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
3.3 out of 5 Stars
100.0% recommended it
Mary Poppins Broadway Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the show, but category representations. Visit the show's web site for actual photos.
Mary Poppins Broadway
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Fly Away into the Magical World of the Banks Family Nanny, Mary Poppins on Stage at New Amsterdam Theater
Features: The Mary Poppins Broadway show is based on P.L. Travers' beloved story which sparked the classic Disney film in 1964 and has now taken stage at New Amsterdam Theater to tell the tale of the Banks family and their whimsical nanny, Mary Poppins. All ages will enjoy the charming characters and original songs and be captivated by the enhanced dance choreography and incredible stage craft.
Why We Go: The Mary Poppins musical will bridge generations with a common love of this magical family story brought to life on stage. This award-winning Broadway musical has brought the beloved Disney film to Broadway for an unparalleled collaboration of classic songs with untouchable acting, dancing and set design.
- Award-Wining Songs: The Mary Poppins musical songs stem from the original Sherman brothers' Academy Award-winning songs featured in the Disney film. Audience members will enjoy singing along to the popular favorites, like "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!" and "A Spoonful of Sugar."
- Stage Craft: The set designs in Marry Poppins Broadway make this production as awe-inspiring as the songs, dance and storyline. The dramatic use of bright colors will catch guests eyes from first glance and the set changes feature contrast and add the visual entertainment of the Mary Poppins NYC production.
- Nostalgic Charm: Most guests of Mary Poppins on stage are probably familiar with the classic Disney movie pre-Broadway and will enjoy re-living favorite songs, cherished characters and all the memories that come along with this childhood and life-long favorite. Young audience members may experience this magical story for the first time in NYC, bridging generations with this fun family experience.
Inside Knowledge: Mary Poppins NYC plays at New Amsterdam Theater on Broadway, which has been beautifully restored in recent years, by Disney. The old theater sat empty for some time, until Disney took it over. The entire staff of this Broadway theater are Disney employees and actors, and all guests are treated kindly, with the respect Disney exudes.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Bring the Kids: The Mary Poppins musical is just as kid-friendly as the classic Disney movie. The whole family will enjoy this fantastic and whimsical musical starring the famous flying nanny and her magical bag of tricks.
- Do Catch a Matinee Show: The Mary Poppins musical is one of the most popular Broadway shows for families, so get your tickets ahead of time, and to save some cash on this family fun, try a matinee show for discounted rates.
- Don't Bring Food: Outside food and drinks are not allowed inside New Amsterdam Theater, but there is one intermission during the Mary Poppins Broadway show and kiosks serve beverages, quick snacks and sweet treats.
- Don't Arrive Late: Ushers seat guests prior to show time and will use their discretion to seat or not seat guests who arrive late.