*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Mercury Lounge Summary
Mercury Lounge Information
Mercury Lounge Info
Lower East Side
217 East Houston Street
New York, NY 10002
Hours of Operation:
Mon.-Sun. 6pm- 3am
Young and Hip.
Mercury Lounge Quick Facts
- Mercury Lounge is a small theater designed for intimate musical performances that only has a capacity for around 250 people.
- The most buzzed about up and coming Indie bands routinely put on NYC concerts at this tiny branch of the Bowery Ballroom.
- Mercury Lounge celebrates its 20th anniversary this year, and continues to put on the same type of one of a kind break-out performances that is became known for.
2 Av (F) Delancey St (F) Essex St (J, M, Z)
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Mercury Lounge Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the nightclub, but category representations. Visit the nightclub's web site for actual photos.
Find Nearby Hotels
Hotel Wolcott NY
A convenient and affordable alternative to the pricey hotels of Midtown Manhattan, the Wolcott New York doesn't skimp on luxury while maintaining fair rates and great service. The Hotel Wolcott New York is perfect for anyone looking for that classic NY experience on a budget.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
Broadway Plaza Hotel
The Broadway Plaza Hotel is a boutique hotel in Flatiron, NYC offering 69 affordable, oversized rooms and suites. Centrally located, easy access to attractions and public transit. Specials & Seasonal Offers!
Rates starting at$279* Details
The Evelyn Hotel
in Gramercy Park
Discover The Evelyn Hotel in New York City, a Historic NYC Boutique NoMad Hotel near Grand Central Station in Manhattan.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
Trump New York SoHo offers guests of this luxurious NY hotel 5-star customer service, spacious and comfortable guest rooms, and great views of the the Hudson River and the Manhattan skyline.
Rates starting at$615* Details
Conrad New York
in Financial District
Make Conrad Hotel New York City your home away from home when you book a spacious suite that includes multiple rooms, separate living space, a full kitchen, work space and top-of-the-line electronics. Working guests will appreciate the WiFi, voice mail and meeting space, while leisurely guests can relax and watch ESPN, HBO or movies on the 42" TV.
Rates starting at$499* Details
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Fantastic music performances await at the Mercury Lounge.
Cost of cover charge
$ - Inexpensive
$$ - Moderate
$$$ - Expensive
$$$$- Ultra High End
Features: Mercury Lounge is one of the top venues for intimate concerts in NYC. Indie bands flock here to perform their buzzed about albums to a young and hip crowd. Famous for its great acoustics, packed dance floor, cool lighting and a lineup of amazing up and coming bands, the Mercury is a well-established venue for concerts in NYC. Visitors can also expect refreshing cocktails from the bar as well as seating even along the sides of the stage.
Why We Go: While this venue regularly attracts some of the top new bands and artists in the business, it also has been the stage for the launching point in the careers of some big-name artists- most famously, The Strokes got their start here. Seeing a concert is one of the top things to do in NYC, and when you attend one at the Mercury Lounge you are guaranteed an up close performance from your favorite artist.
- Intimate Performances: Hear your idol play a startling original acoustic version of their hit song, or watch a band strip down their music to fit the venue. This venue holds a mere 250 guests, so not only are you bound to have a great view of the stage, every performance takes on an intimate feel due to the size of the stage.
- Seating Available: Do you dread going to concerts in NYC knowing that they are standing room only? The shows here have some seating available along the front and back of the theater, so arrive early to ensure a spot so if you'd prefer not to stand.
- Cool Dive Bar: The bars here definitely have a laid-back, dive bar feel to it, and guests will be relieved that there are actually two bars in the venue to help keep the lines to a minimum unlike at other NYC concerts. The bigger of the two is located in the front near the seating, while there is also a minibar in the area where the bands play.
Inside Knowledge: See an up and coming band here before they become superstars, and then you can brag to your friends back home when they become famous that you saw them way back when. Back in 2002, the Strokes got their start by putting on a series of legendary NYC concerts for fans that soon put them on the trajectory to fame and acclaim.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do arrive early: Try and score one of the coveted seats at this venue so that you don't have to stand for the duration of the performance. Or, if you'd rather be in the heart of things, get a standing spot in the dance floor for excellent views of the stage and a chance to dance along to your favorite song.
- Do order tickets online ahead of time: Since this is such a small venue, be sure to order tickets online prior to the show date, as tickets do tend to sell out quickly.
- Don't forget to explore the area before the show: The Lower East Side has some of the best shopping and dining in NYC, so be sure to leave room for some of the other fun things to do in NYC before heading into the Mercury Lounge for one of the NYC concerts.
- Don't forget cash: Even though the Mercury Lounge accepts credit cards, the minimum amount they accept cards for is $20, so it might be wise to have cash on hand to use instead if you only plan on purchasing a single drink or snack.
- Dance Floor
- Easy Parking
- Live Entertainment
- Near Public Transit
- Small Atmosphere