Midsummer Night Swing
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Hotels near Lincoln Center
Restaurants near Lincoln Center
Midsummer Night Swing Summary
Event Overview: Midsummer Night Swing offers dancers of all skill levels the opportunity to dance to live music by world-renowned dance bands. Each night of Midsummer Night Swing features a different theme: some nights you'll dance Salsa, others Tango, still others Merengue or Swing. Group and beginner dance lessons are available. In 2011, Midsummer Night Swing celebrated its 23rd anniversary at Lincoln Center.
What to Expect: Dancing, dancing, and more dancing. You'll be hard-pressed to find another event in New York that has half the energy of Lincoln Center Swing.
- Heat: As its name implies, Midsummer Night Swing is held every summer in New York. Temperatures are usually high. Expect to break a sweat; drink lots of water to stay hydrated.
- Crowds: Midsummer Night Swing is special in that it allows New York's best dancers to meet in one place for fifteen amazing nights. Because of the annual nature of the event, expect big crowds. Lots of people enjoy swing dancing in NYC.
Inside Knowledge: For 23 years dancers from all over the world have flocked to New York City for Midsummer Night Swing at Lincoln Center. Live bands and DJs perform every night, with each night organized by style of music and theme. Past performers at Lincoln Center Swing have included narcotango, Catherine Russel, Tony Swing, and the Time Jumpers.
- Dress Appropriately: Summers in New York can be hot. Dancing makes you hotter. Bear this in mind as you dress for Midsummer Night Swing. We recommend wearing light, summer attire - ladies, wear a heeled shoe, like a pump; men, wear a leather-soled dress shoe (not sandals or sneakers).
- Don't Bring Your Bags: Bags are not allowed on the dance floor at Midsummer Night Swing. We recommend leaving any bags and valuables at home, so you can dance freely, without worrying, and without paying the $3 bag-checking fee.
- Don't Kill the Groove: To avoid awkward collisions on the dance floor, we advise you to refrain from eating, drinking, and taking pictures or videos while dancing. All of those things may be done from the sidelines, where you'll be out of the way.
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 1 review
100.0% recommended it
Midsummer Night Swing Reviews
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the venue, but category representations. Visit the hotel's web site for actual photos.
Midsummer Night Swing
10 Lincoln Center Plaza
New York, US
Jun 25,2013 - Jul 13,2013
$17 - $160
15 Nights of Live Music and Dancing at Midsummer Night Swing in NYC
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Event Quick Facts
- Midsummer Night Swing features a live band and 15 dance-themed nights, including Swing, Salsa, Tango, and Rock 'n' Roll.
- Single-night tickets and six-day passes to Midsummer Night Swing are available for purchase.
- Lincoln Center Swing is perfect for dancers of all skill levels; beginner dance classes are available.
66th St (1); 59th St-Columbus Circle (1, A, C, B, D)