Explore the wonders of New York!
Museum at Eldridge Street
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Museum at Eldridge Street Information
Museum at Eldridge Street Info
Adults - $10; Seniors/Students - $8; Kids 6+ - $6; Kids Under 5 - Free
Mon.- Thurs. 10am- 5pm; Fri. 10am- 3pm; Sun. Family Programs Begin at 1pm
When to Go:
East Broadway (F); Grand St (B, D); Delancey-Essex Sts (F, J, M, Z)
- Closed on Saturdays.
Museum at Eldridge Street Quick Facts
- The Eldridge Street Museum NYC was originally built in 1887.
- The Eldridge Street Project was formed in 1986, and the renovated Eldridge Street Museum was re-opened to the public in 2007.
- Admission is free on Mondays at the Museum at Eldridge Street.
12 Eldridge St
New York, US
Phone Number: 212.219.0888
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Museum at Eldridge Street Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Transportation Nearby Museum at Eldridge Street
Museum at Eldridge Street Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attractions's web site for actual photos.
Find Nearby Hotels
Trump New York SoHo offers guests of this luxurious NY hotel 5-star customer service, spacious and comfortable guest rooms, and great views of the the Hudson River and the Manhattan skyline.
Rates starting at$580* Details
Conrad New York
in Financial District
Make Conrad Hotel New York City your home away from home when you book a spacious suite that includes multiple rooms, separate living space, a full kitchen, work space and top-of-the-line electronics. Working guests will appreciate the WiFi, voice mail and meeting space, while leisurely guests can relax and watch ESPN, HBO or movies on the 42" TV.
Rates starting at$541* Details
Book a room at the Sheraton Brooklyn New York Hotel and get a great hotel for an even better price. At this Brooklyn hotel, you will be able to take advantage of all that New York has to offer because you'll be so close to public transportation. Additionally, you will get to sleep in a comfortable bed and be helped by very friendly staff.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
in Financial District
Guests at the Hilton Millenium New York are treated to both a sobering and inspiring view of the World Trade Center rebuilding process, located right next door. This four-star hotel also features recently-updated rooms and close access to the subway, making it easy visit just about anywhere in New York City.
Rates starting at$379* Details
Gramercy Park Hotel
in Gramercy Park
Business travelers can mix work with pleasure at Gramercy New York Hotel. Get work done at the state-of-the-art business center, then enjoy the nearby NYC attractions and chic New York nightclubs. A meeting and events space is also available at this beautiful NY hotel.
Rates starting at$414* Details
Museum at Eldridge Street
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Historic Eldridge Street Synagogue Museum Near Chinatown
Lower East Side
Prices Starting at
$10.00 for adults & $6.00 for children
Features: The historic Museum at Eldridge Street in the Lower East Side of Manhattan was renovated and re-opened to the public in 2007. This beautiful NYC museum is at the site of the Eldridge Street Synagogue in New York, which was originally built in 1887 and celebrates the strong Jewish history of the Lower East Side near Chinatown.
Why We Go: The Eldridge Street Museum is on the National Registry of Historic Places, and its beautiful exterior is trumped only by the stunning interior of this NYC landmark. Enjoy one of Manhattan's most historically significant sights when you visit the Museum at Eldridge Street NYC.
- Guided Tours: Most guided tours at the Museum at Eldridge Street are free with admission at this family-friendly NYC attraction. Also, their knowledgable tour guides offer one of five family-friendly NYC tours to choose from, including a daily architecture tour at the Eldridge Museum NY.
- Rich History: The Eldridge Street Museum details the journey of Eastern European Jews into the Lower East Side of Manhattan at the turn of the 20th-Century. Visitors to this historic NYC attraction take away plenty of knowledge from the Eldridge Street Museum near Chinatown.
- Free Mondays: The Museum at Eldridge Street offers free admission every Monday, making this the perfect time to visit one of NYC's most popular religious attractions.
Inside Knowledge: If you visit the Eldridge Street Museum on the weekdays, we highly recommend taking one of their free guided tours. Daily guided tours at the NYC Museum at Eldridge Street include an Immigrant History Tour NYC (leaves every hour from 10am- 4pm), an Eldridge Museum NY Architecture Tour (leaves at 11:30am, 1:30pm & 3:30pm), and a New York Jewish Practice Tour (leaves 12:30pm daily).
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Attend a Concert: The Eldridge Museum NY regularly offers concerts available to the public. Check the NYCTourist Events page often for upcoming shows at the Eldridge Street Synagogue in Manhattan.
- Do Bring Your Children: The Museum at Eldridge Street offers family-friendly tours every Sunday, featuring interactive activities perfect for NYC tourists traveling with kids.
- Don't Forget the Camera: Between the beautiful exterior and historically-preserved interior, you'll want to make sure to bring your camera to the historic Eldridge Synagogue in the Lower East Side.
- Don't Skip the Gift Shop: The gift shop at the Eldridge Museum NY offers historically reproduced artifacts and souvenirs celebrating the history of Judaism in NYC.