Explore the wonders of New York!
Museum of the City of NY
*Promotions listed are subject to change without notice and based on availability. We make no guarantee that the promotions listed are available.
Museum of the City of NY Information
Museum of the City of NY Info
Adults - $10; Seniors and students - $6; Families - $20 (max. 2 adults); Children 12 and under - Free
When to Go:
All ages are welcome.
103rd St (6)
- MCNY Museum is open on Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veteran's Day, Christmas Eve, and New Year's Eve.
- MCNY New York is closed on Mondays (except on the holidays above).
Museum of the City of NY Quick Facts
- MCNY Museum is located on Fifth Avenue's Museum Mile in the East Harlem neighborhood of Manhattan.
- The Museum of the City of New York is a non-profit organization.
- MCNY Museum is great for kids.
1220 Fifth Avenue
New York, US
Phone Number: 212.534.1672
User Average ReviewOverall:
Based on 0 reviews
0.0 out of 5 Stars
0.0% recommended it
Museum of the City of NY Reviews
There are currently no reviews!
Be the first to write a review!
Transportation Nearby Museum of the City of NY
Museum of the City of NY Hotel
*Some images shown above are not actual photos from the attraction, but category representations. Visit the attractions's web site for actual photos.
Find Nearby Hotels
in Midtown West
A premier Boutique Hotel and Timeshare in Midtown Manhattan offering guests plenty of amenities in all of its luxurious suites including kitchenettes and additional sofa beds. Guests also enjoy spacious bathrooms and fitness center. Deals and Packages available.
Rates starting at$254* Details
in Upper West Side
Reserve a room at the Morningside Inn NYC to get a cozy room at a cheap rate. Located in Manhattan's Upper West Side (near Columbia University and Central Park), this cheap NYC hotel offers great room rates that will please even the most frugal New York City traveler.
Rates starting atCheck Availability Details
Park Central New York
in Midtown West
The Park Central New York Hotel offers access to the best of Manhattan at its central location in Midtown. Central Park is steps away, as are the Broadway theaters and Times Square. Guest enjoy an on-site fitness center and business center for added convenience.
Rates starting at$328 you pay $295* Details
On The Ave
in Upper West Side
There's plenty to explore on the Upper West Side for guests of On The Ave NY Hotel. An environemntally-friendly Sunday Flea Market, the Museum of Natural History, and iconic Central Park are all just two blocks from this modern NY hotel.
Rates starting at$379* Details
in Upper East Side
Loews Hotel NYC offers exquisite rooms and helpful service. The lobby is warm and inviting, and hotel rooms in the Loews Regency Hotel are furnished in leather, mahogany, silk, and velvet.
Rates starting at$659 you pay $561* Details
Museum of the City of NY
Do you agree? Write your own review!
Exhibits on the Cultural Heritage of NY at the Museum of the City of New York
Prices Starting at
$10.00 for adults
Features: Founded in 1923, the Museum of the City of New York features paintings, drawings, prints, and photographs of New York City and its residents, as well as costumes, furniture, toys, rare books and manuscripts, marine and military collections, police and fire collections, and an impressive theater collection.
Why We Go: The Museum of the City of New York is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to educating the public about New York City's rich cultural heritage and distinctive character. It boasts a large collection of materials related to New York City and a number of temporary exhibits that illuminate American culture.
- New York in a Nutshell: Standing at the heart of Manhattan, just steps away from Central Park, the Museum of the City of New York features fun and educational exhibits perfect for tourists and recent transplants alike. There's no better way to learn about this wonderful city.
- Awards: In 1982, the Museum of the City of New York was presented with the Hundred Year Association of New York's Gold Medal Award "in recognition of outstanding contributions to the City of New York."
- Striking Exhibits: Included in the Museum's collection is a chair that once belonged to Sarah Rapelje, daughter of Joris Jansen Rapelje of Nieuw Amsterdam, who was said to be the first child born of European parentage in New York. The Museum of the City of New York also features several recreated furnished rooms from the house of John D. Rockefeller.
Inside Knowledge: The Museum of the City of New York stands in a brick and limestone building of the neo-Georgian style on Fifth Avenue's Museum Mile. It was established in 1923 with the intention of collecting, preserving, and presenting to the viewing public materials that showcase the rich cultural history of New York.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Do Plan an Event: The Museum of the City of New York is the perfect venue for dinner parties, cocktail receptions, corporate meetings, and executive retreats. Capacity is 250 for dinner and dancing and 500 for cocktails. The Museum of the City of New York also offers birthday parties for kids.
- Do Take Your Time: While hardly the largest museum in NYC, the Museum of the City of New York features a surprisingly vast collection of pictures, paintings, and decorative objects. Be sure to give yourself plenty of time to enjoy the exhibits (at least a couple of hours). Note that a cafe is located on site, so you can take a break for a light, refreshing meal.
- Don't Break the Bank: A single general admission ticket to the Museum of the City of New York is only $10. That's just two-thirds of what most NYC museums charge for a single adult ticket, so you're guaranteed to get your money's worth.
- Don't Bring Your Bags: The Museum of the City of New York requires visitors to check backpacks, shopping bags, and bags larger than 11" by 17" by 6". Self-service lockers are available, but visitors are not allowed to check laptops, cameras, luggage, or valuables of any size. We recommend leaving these items at home.